Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan Systems Administrator I - Voice Services in Detroit, Michigan
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan
Systems Administrator I
*Two (2) Openings *
Provide support for operating systems, networks, storage systems and tape library as defined by departmental requirements. Maintain and monitor the infrastructure environment. Deploy the release of new technologies as well as design, install, configure, maintain and perform testing of operating systems, networks, and related utilities and hardware. Follow defined procedures to monitor systems and resolve problems. Work on one or more base work initiatives. May support one or more systems or applications of low to medium complexity.
Perform routine maintenance tasks for infrastructure systems.
Perform health checks based on checklists.
Monitor system-operating capacity in terms of disk space, tape storage and CPU utilization. Monitor hardware/software activities and resource utilization for capacity planning. Identify problems and optimize performance, as needed. Prepare performance and control reports. Validate test results. Provide feedback on test results.
Analyze and report on operational metrics to understand performance and to ensure success in process improvements.
Provide production support. Troubleshoot problems by analyzing root causes and evaluating multiple options. In case of failure events, notify users, and fix the problem or escalate to senior members Recommend procedures and controls for problem resolution or create temporary solutions until permanent solutions can be implemented. Document problem status and resolution.
Report security issues when appropriate. Adhere to security requirements.
Test and execute backup and disaster recovery for operating systems, databases, and servers. Document new or modified functions, test activities and results according to policies and procedures.
Other duties as assigned.
*Departmental Description: *
- To fill a position focused on supporting Voice services for the BCBSM enterprise, including Contact Center voice infrastructure and applications, conferencing and Unified Communications solutions. Services will be provided across BCBSM Enterprise and it’s subsidiaries.
- Resource will work with the following Unified Communications technologies:
- Microsoft O365 – Teams, Lync/Skype for Business (SfB)
- Ability to maintain/monitor Skype for Business virtual servers and related infrastructure
- Provide end user support across different collaboration platforms such as Webex and Zoom
- End user configuration and support of voice, telephony and conferencing systems
- Maintains approved telecom, voice, unified communications hardware and software components. (includes infrastructure and dedicated audio/video endpoints)
- Works with third party providers to support unified communications
- Monitor and optimize the performance of operating systems and unified communications applications.
- Use strong client service orientation to ensure all requests and problems are resolved in a timely manner.
- Analyzes, validates and implements voice network software or hardware changes.
- Rotational on-call duty for 24x7 support
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Associate's degree in related field preferred.
- One (1) year of relevant technology work experience required.
- Basic knowledge of system environments, servers, storage devices, information security, or networks/ telecommunications required.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Analytical thinking skills.
- Ability to work independently, or within a team environment.
- Written and verbal communication skills interpersonal skills.
- Data gathering and reporting skills.
- The ability to be flexible and adapt easily to changes.
- Other related skills and/or abilities may be required to perform this job.
- Relevant certification is highly preferred, (MCSE, CCNA )
- Demonstrate knowledge of broad range hardware and software products.
- Teams/Skype for Business experience – features, endpoint and infrastructure server support
- Experience with Powershell scripting, C#, Visual Basic
- Experience with O365 and servers a plus
- Familiarity with Polycom voice endpoints a plus
- Familiarity of Cisco voice systems a plus
- Experience with authentication services and technologies, design, deployment, integration and operations with LDAP (various products) and Microsoft Active Directory a plus.
- Skilled at task automation on Windows, LINUX systems.
- Server and PC hardware, OS, software and configuration provisioning, installation and management methodology, policies, procedures and best practices development on various platforms.
- Experience with managing Lync/Skype for Business/Teams infrastructure on-prem and cloud, including technical support and upgrades
- Experience with Unified Communications
- Ability to self-direct and self-manage in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work within a team environment with vendors with other IT and business partners
- Familiar with SIP technology
- Ability to work under pressure.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other grounds, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
Job: Information Technology
Primary Location: Detroit
Organization: Ent Infra Eng & Ops-7113
Req ID: BCB0060M