Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan Supply Chain Analyst - Corporate Procurement in Detroit, Michigan
Responsible for performing activities in one essential procurement function: Pre-Buy and/or P-Card administration. Perform basic cost analysis and buying activities in accordance with established practices and policies.
- Review all business requests for goods and services to determine the appropriate work stream within Corporate Procurement
- Review and assess electronic Enterprise Acquisition Checklist (EAC) to determine readiness for assignment to a procurement work stream.
- Coordinate the EAC review with applicable teams including:
- Assess required business and technical capabilities
- EAC Governance; ensure the EAC template is updated and user friendly
- Verify appropriate funding (requisition) and technical requirements, draft scope and business requirements or statement of work (SOW).
- Engage Technology Acquisition Process (TAP) review to enable rational, cost effective, and business focused technology purchase decisions.
- Provide status of current contract; provide awareness to BCBSM.
- Route and/or process requisitions, EACs and create all activity logs within CP.
- Perform non-complex spot buys and process requisitions such as promotional, facility, office supplies and print requisitions.
- Educate BCBSM on the corporate procurement process.
- Corporate procurement catalog Governance
- Collaborate frequently with Procurement Consultants, Sourcing and Contracting team members.
- Maintain a current version of the Corporate Procurement Purchasing Card Program Guideline Policy. In accordance with the policy:
- a. Verify requested P-Card credit limits
- b. Review P-Card transactions daily; approve and close the transaction in the BOA Works system
- Review Enterprise Security list of employee terminations and retirements daily to ensure each former employee is not in the BOA Works system.
- Add spend control profiles, cost centers and account numbers to the Bank of America (BOA) Works system on an ongoing basis as needed. Enter new P-Cards and user profiles into system.
- Review P-Card applications and acknowledgement form to ensure all signatures and cardholder information is complete.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Advanced customer service skills (written and oral)
- Sharp listening skills and an inquisitive communication style to investigate and gather information to execute a sourcing activity.
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to manage multiple and different priorities in a fast paced
- high volume environment
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Enjoys working in a team based, collaborative environment
- Specific for Pre-Buy are: Experience working with cross-functional areas of procurement - Microsoft Office Suite,PeopleSoft or other ERP system experience preferred.
- High School Diploma required. Bachelor's Degree preferred in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management or related field preferred.
- One (1) year procurement experience preferred.
- Metric analysis knowledge and contract interpretation knowledge preferred.
- Certified Purchasing Manager (C.P.M.) or CPSM certification preferred.
- Institute of Supply Management (I.S.M.) affiliation preferred
- Microsoft Office Suite - Intermediated beginner SharePoint skills required
- Written Communications - Intermediate
- Oral Communications - Intermediate
- Analytical Thinking - Intermediate
- Customer Service - Advanced
- Decision Making and Critical Thinking - Intermediate
- Problem Solving - Beginner
- Managing Multiple Priorities- Intermediate
- Teamwork - Intermediate
- Accuracy and Attention to detail - Intermediate
- Behaviors consistent with Drive Execution, Communicate, Build Partnership, Own and Embrace Lean
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other grounds, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
Job: Facilities Srvcs & Procurement
Primary Location: Detroit
Organization: Community and Inclusion-0202
Req ID: COR000HM