Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan Senior Health Care Analyst - Behavioral Health Strategy & Planning in Detroit, Michigan
Responsible for planning, organizing, directing, implementation, and leading department assignments. Position operates within broad objectives to ensure optimum utilization of manpower and budget. Research, compile and analyze appropriate and relevant data and make recommendations for operational improvements.
- Leads in the research, analysis, identification and evaluation of data from assigned problems to evaluate existing and potential trends and issues.
- Possess and maintain an extensive comprehensive knowledge of BCBSM business, products, programs (including provider data, networks, etc.), corporate organizational structure (including functional responsibilities), and basic research principles/methodologies.
- Manage and monitor multiple projects simultaneously by establishing project plans and objectives to ensure goal attainment within defined parameters.
- Develop lines of communication to discuss/review results of analysis to management via reports/presentations and assist management in implementing programs that provide solutions.
- Investigate, review, recommend, communicate and implement solutions which identify problems/root cause of issues.
- Identify and resolve challenges in order to fulfill key corporate objectives and respond to the demand of change management and initiate actions needed to plan, organize and control team activities.
- Independently develop and plan, reports, papers and/or other materials in a clear and concise manner.
- Provide expertise and guidance to unit and corporate staff as required.
- Acts as liaison between corporate business areas and participates in group or committee discussions.
Departmental Summary / Preferences:
Provide high level project management support for new enterprise-wide programs and initiatives
Develop process for monitoring and updating Behavioral Health materials and presentations for steering committees, workgroups, customer meetings and executive leadership.
Ability to develop executive level communications including presentations, status reports, dashboards, etc.
Support the development and track all Behavioral Health KPIs and link with corporate goals as necessary
Track business planning efforts and strategic issues
Working/experience level knowledge in behavioral health and project/program management or evaluation
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Health Care, Information Systems, Statistics or other related field is required. Master's Degree in related field preferred.
- Six (6) or more years experience in related experience, typically in two (2) subject areas (e.g. financial analysis, planning, health care economics, health care policy, statistical modeling, business decisions, analysis, or business management).
- Excellent analytical, planning, problem solving, verbal and written skills to communicate complex ideas.
- Excellent knowledge and use of existing software packages (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.).
- Strong working knowledge of data languages such as SAS or SQL.
- Ability to work independently, within a team environment and communicate effectively with employees at all levels.
- Other related skills and/or abilities may be required to perform this job.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other grounds, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
Job: Physician Consultant
Primary Location: Detroit
Organization: Network Mgmt & Prvdr Prtnrship-2122
Req ID: PRO000H8