Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan Research Analyst I in Detroit, Michigan
The Research Analyst is a critical contributor to the company’s internally managed investment portfolios. Through thoughtful and comprehensive research and analysis, this position seeks to generate value-adding recommendations for the Investment Grade and High Yield fixed income portfolios.
Analyze investment opportunities and make recommendations on fixed income securities, including Investment Grade and High Yield corporates, US government securities and various securitized products.
Provide fundamental research and analysis on IG and HY corporate issuers, including financial modeling, indenture/covenant analysis, security analysis and management conference calls.
Collaborate with Senior Analysts and Portfolio Managers to develop relative value insight in assigned sectors and issuers, focusing on generating outperformance through superior security selection.
Compose summary credit write-ups for new and existing corporate bond positions.
Assist with macroeconomic research, including the evaluation of economic growth and inflation expectations and the impacts on yield curve shape and direction.
Engage with sell-side counterparties (sales, trading, research) to develop deep relationships, improve information access and maximize value-adding opportunities.
Additional responsibilities include assisting with collateral management, trade settlement, security transfers and other cash management or custodial issues.
Act as liaison between investment accounting and portfolio management.
Maintain and monitor the Blackrock Aladdin system for accuracy of positions and portfolio characteristics.
Periodically create presentations for various internal strategy and oversight meetings.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or related field is required.
- Zero (0) to two (2) years relevant investment experience preferred.
- CFA designation or progress towards CFA preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and Bloomberg.
- Excellent analytical, written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of macroeconomics, investment markets, and financial analysis.
- Other related skills and/or abilities may be required to perform this job.
- Must have excellent attention to detail, and ability to operate effectively with minimal direct, ongoing supervision.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other grounds, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
Job: Finance Treasury & Accounting
Primary Location: Detroit
Req ID: DIR0003Y