Deloitte Property & Casualty Actuary Consultant in Detroit, Michigan
P&C Actuary Consultant
Deloitte Consulting’s Human Capital practice is a leading global advisor and implementation partner working with companies, governments, and organizations around the world. Our goal is to improve our clients’ organizational results and impact by focusing on challenges at the intersection of business and people.
Work you’ll do
As a Deloitte Consulting P&C Actuary Consultant in the Insurance practice of Deloitte’s Human Capital group, you will provide technical and analytical support in a consulting environment.
The job functions include the following:
• Client project engagements involving reserve analyses, including Statements of Actuarial Opinion, pricing, mergers and acquisitions, financial modeling, economic capital modeling, enterprise risk management, new product development, strategic planning, pricing strategy development, target market assessments, competitive assessments of coverage and rating, development of rating models and factors for new product development and product enhancements, profitability analysis and audit support.
• Assistance in financial management of client engagements, project management through utilization of project management tools.
• Oversight and project management of more junior actuaries and staff work streams.
• Gathering and analyzing data, assisting in development of proposals and collateral marketing and sales materials, and knowledge management
The Organization Transformation practice is about transforming the organization (and the benefits providers that serve them) to support its business strategy. This involves helping our clients move from where they are today to where they need to be in the future. It could include changing the organization’s culture, modernizing specific functions, re-designing the organization structure, and will require a combination of change management actions to execute the transformation. To enable our success, it will be critical to use data and insights to inform better ways of working together.
• Bachelor’s degree
• 2 years of property and casualty actuary experience
• Successfully passed 2 actuarial exams
• Knowledge of loss reserving methods
• Ability to travel up to 50% (While up to 50% travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice)
• BS in Actuarial Science or Mathematics related field
• 2 years of experience working in a consulting or insurance company environment
• Experience managing small to medium sized teams
• Proficiency using computer software such as Excel, Word, Access, and VBA
• Strong analytical, written and verbal communication, and client management skills
• Effective listening and questioning skills
• Strong business ethics, ability to maintain independence and objectivity in client dealings
• Demonstrated problem solving skills
• Detailed exposure demonstrating competency with strong organizational skills and little supervision in the areas of:
• Statutory/GAAP reporting, regulation, and compliance, Actuarial Standards of Practice
• SAP, FASB, GASB and related accounting principles
• Standard and advanced reserving methods
• Pricing and cost allocation methods
• Insurance/reinsurance company operations
• Product development
• Data sources/modeling
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center. at https://zoomforth.com/s/deloitte/du#home
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world. at http://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/about-deloitte/articles/deloitte-corporate-citizenship.html
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals. at http://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/topics/recruiting-tips.html
As used in this document, Deloitte means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
- Deloitte Jobs