VMware Intern - VMware Research Group - Programmable Security Researcher - Opportunity for Working Remotely in Detroit, Michigan
VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. VMware accelerates customers’ digital transformation journey by enabling enterprises to master a software-defined approach to business and IT. With VMware solutions, organizations are building extraordinary experiences by mobilizing everything. Our customers are responding faster to opportunities with modern data and apps hosted across hybrid clouds, and safeguarding customer trust with a defense-in-depth approach to cybersecurity.
Job Role and Responsibilities
VMware External Research and Emerging Technologies group within VMware Research looks at innovative approaches to the hard problems facing today’s complex cloud computing infrastructures and cutting-edge research techniques to address them. One of these problems is detecting and responding to sophisticated threats designed to elude state-of-the-art malware detection and network defense mechanisms.
In this research-oriented role, you will develop and prototype ideas on programmable security, distributed control planes, and big data analytics (and data science) to detect such threats and to model adversary behavior in software-defined data center infrastructures. The ideal candidate should be comfortable working independently yet a strong collaborator with both research and product group mentors.
• You are pursuing an MS or PhD degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field.
• You have a proven ability to develop and prototype innovative ideas in an R&D setting.
• Your research track record includes peer-reviewed research publications at top conferences.
• You have experience with distributed control planes (e.g., software defined networking, virtualization, containers, microservice architectures) in cloud computing contexts.
• You are a capable programmer who can quickly adapt to Java, Python, C++, Go, and/or domain-specific programming language settings.
• You possess excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to collaborate effectively with both researchers and product teams within VMware.
• You are strong in both computer systems research and application development.
• You have some exposure to security threats in cloud computing environments.
• Experience managing big data and developing advanced data analytics applications.
• Experience modeling security threats within a cloud computing environment.
• Expertise in data science or experience with graph-based modeling techniques is a bonus.
Category : University and Recent Grads
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-02-08
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
- VMware Jobs