Federal Reserve Bank Intern-Cash Operations Analyst in Detroit, Michigan
Who we are: One of the most influential, trusted and prestigious financial institutions in the world. The Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, serving five states, is one of the 12 regional reserve banks in the United States. The twelve banks along with the Board of Governors in Washington, D.C., make up the nation’s central bank. * *
What makes us unique? We are a regulatory bank. This internship gives you the opportunity to intern for a bank that supervises other banks.
Internship Program Details: The Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago Summer Intern Program is a paid internship that is open to undergraduate, graduate and PHD students. It begins in June and continues for 12 consecutive weeks. Interns work 40 hours per week and are assigned to one department.
/*Students who are currently taking a gap year or gap semester due to the COVID-19 pandemic remain eligible for this program./
Typical Day: Project oriented hands on assignments and professional development activities including a volunteer project. Interns receive a solid overview of the Fed while contributing to their designated Bank department.
Culture: We have a collaborative work environment that fosters inclusion. As a public service institution, we reflect all the communities we serve. Interns will have the opportunities to network with subject matters experts and interns assigned to other business areas.
- October 2020 and onward – applications
- Mid October 2020 and onward - Interviews
- January – offers accepted
- June 7, 2021 or June 14, 2021 – Start dates
Intern-Cash Operations Analyst Cash services has three primary objectives: 1) to supply currency and coin to meet both domestic and international demand, 2) to maintain the quality and integrity of the currency and coin in circulation, and 3) to ensure Depository Institutions have ready access to Cash Services.
- Assist in the preparation, review and monitoring of department budgets and expenses
- Plans and performs moderately complex analyses and projections of financial, operational and/or statistical data
- Identifies and researches problems or unusual trends impacting the business in areas including expenses, volumes, operations and compliance; recommends solutions or improvements to management
- Reviewing and updating/creating compliance review templates
- Miscellaneous projects
* Job Requirements
- Microsoft Office
- Attention to detail
- Interest in operations management, auditing, banking and/or finance
- Knowledge of data visualization software including Tableau and Power BI (desired, but not required)
- Knowledge of SQL and Oracle query writing (desired, but not required) We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status.
As a condition of employment, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago employees must comply with the Bank’s ethics rules, which generally prohibit employees, their spouses/domestic partners, and minor children from owning securities, such as stock, of banks or savings associations or their affiliates, such as bank holding companies and savings and loan holding companies. If you or your spouse/domestic partner or minor child own such securities, and would not be willing or able to divest them if you accepted an offer of Bank employment, you should raise this issue with the recruiter for this posting, who can provide you contact information for our ethics official if necessary.
Other Requirements and Physical Requirements
This document indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. It is not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. An employee's responsibilities, tasks, and duties might differ from those outlined in the job description, and other duties, as assigned, are a part of the job. The Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago reserves the right to modify the elements of this job description, as business needs require.
Organization: *Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago
Title: Intern-Cash Operations Analyst
Requisition ID: 265617