Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan Director in Detroit, Michigan
Consulting to business executives, management of multiple functions, services and units, organizational mission, vision, objectives, structure, policy setting, strategic planning.
- Have managers, support staff and senior technical personnel reporting to them.
- Leads and directs an organization responsible for a segment of the work performed by the IS division.
- Identifies the drivers, strategies and needs of clients' operations and leads internal change to support those operations.
- Influences and supports the culture, values and standards of the organization.
- Directs, motivates and develops managers and other key personnel who report to them.
- Directs the development of corporate standards.
- Directs reviews of tools and technologies for improving performance and reducing costs.
- Works closely with Business Unit Support and with appropriate business areas to ensure that business needs are understood and that services provided meet those needs.
- Performs leadership duties, including performance reviews.
- Has wide latitude in determining creative solutions to strategic and operational needs.
- Other duties may be assigned.
*Seven (7) + years of experience leading information technology strategic planning, development and implementation. *
*At least 15-20 years of IT and business industry work experience (infrastructure architecture, engineering, information security or other cross-function IT discipline technical and leadership experience in complex/large (20,000+ employees) multi-state/multi-site/multi-vendor environments preferred. Externally recognized industry thought-leadership and operational excellence accomplishments. *
Strong, process-level knowledge of infrastructure and operations disciplines in the areas of: technical solution engineering, lifecycle management, capacity planning and forecasting, operational readiness local and wide area networking, service integration, system management, service monitoring frameworks, development support, test environment management, requirements management and service level management.
*Demonstrated comprehensive understanding of and prior experience in all major information security functions and activities, including policy setting, vulnerability research, security architecture, system security engineering, incident response, security operations, security/audit compliance and others. *
*Demonstrated comprehensive architecture-level understanding of all major information security technology solutions, including advanced malware detection/prevention, mobile device virtualization/MDM, data protections for the Cloud, SEM, HIPS/NIPS, NAC, next generation firewalls, database encryption, mobile application security, fine-grained application authorization and access control, virtual security appliances, security event visualization, big data security analytics and others. *
*ITIL, COBIT, HITRUST, PMP certifications preferred. *
*Excellent process management and continuous improvement skills applied in the context of formal process frameworks. *
Bachelor’s degree w/emphasis in Information Security and Technology; Master’s degree preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field required. Master's Degree in related field preferred.
- Minimum ten (10) years related experience preferred.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- A high proficiency level in specific job related skills are required.
- Other related skills and/or abilities may be required to perform this job.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other grounds, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
Job: Information Technology
Primary Location: Detroit
Organization: Production Office-7113
Req ID: BCB004FO