CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Director Consulting Services - Utilities in Detroit, Michigan
Director Consulting Services - Utilities
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Director Consulting Services - Utilities
Category: Leadership and Management Roles
City: Detroit, Michigan, United States
Position ID: J0820-1213
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
As the Director of Consulting Services, - Utilities you will have senior responsibility to develop, implement and maintain a strategic account sales plan designed to grow revenue volume from within existing and new accounts. The Director of Consulting Services will be responsible for managing the entire lifecycle of the sales and delivery process.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Manage and coordinate teams delivering a multi-faceted programs in Utilities, (Asset and Resource Management, Energy Efficiency tracking, ERP integration to Salesforce/or CRM based Customer Billing systems management) including defining project goals and scope, agile software development, client relationship management, managing project scope, expectations, plan and budget. Also, support for ongoing organic sales, budgeting, staff management, project status monitoring, training, recruiting and the management and review of project deliverables.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Definitive point of view on utilities, and how Asset and Resource management works, how energy efficiency, and metering programs are moving to cloud, and the renewed focus on customer based interactions/ billings/ transactional relationship management with ERP (SAP and or Oracle ERP aptitude with background in Utilities a desired strength)
• Passion for sales, and understanding the utilities industries. Any prior established sales successes, in a somewhat tepid environment and turning around organic growth by delivery excellence is helpful
• Has been an account rep/ has done sizeable business with them/ Account executive / has been one in past to understand the way utilities relationships work (which are different than other types of industries/ relationship management)
• Strong ambition to grow in the organization, and hunger to grow the handful of accounts
• 10+ years of leadership skills involving software development management in a large-scale environment including integration, deployment, and maintenance support
• Demonstrated coaching or consulting skills, especially at the senior or executive management level
• In depth understanding on the full life-cycle of software development projects, including managing the planning, executing, tracking and managing costs, schedule and scope
• Experience in distributed managing teams across geographies (delivery team in India/ and different time zones/ understanding of offshore delivery model)
• Strong client management/relationship skills
• Strong people skills – able to interact and work effectively with a variety of people including executive business clients, senior client technology managers, technologists, analysts, etc.
• Excellent verbal and written skills, especially with regards to presenting findings to both technical and non-technical audiences
• High-level background in modern application development and management technologies
• Hands-on approach to working with people, resolving issues, leading agile processes, working client business and IT stakeholders.
• Mixed (evolving) agile and waterfall process implementation and adherence, quality planning and practice for projects delivered
• Project delivery under stringent timelines and high pressure
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Sciences, Business or relevant discipline, Master’s Degree preferred/ or MBA/ with understanding of Electrical transmission, distribution, and utility retail faculties
Business Development / Sales
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc.
- CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Jobs