Avanade Inc. Data Scientist in Detroit, Michigan
Do you view data as an art and a science? So do we.
How we support you: We believe in gender equity and an inclusive community. We offer a comprehensive benefits package: generous vacation allowance disability coverage, retirement plans, paid maternity and paternity leave, life insurance, extended benefits to cover items that support your well-being, health, dental and vision insurance, professional development and paid Microsoft certification opportunities.
As an Industry Data Scientist, you will help clients understand and extract insight and value from their data using Machine Learning and AI techniques. Working as part of a team, you will be involved in all phases of analytics projects including: question formulation, design, research and development, implementation, and testing. This role will explore and understand data and build advanced solutions that could be predictive, prescriptive, or optimize.
Day-to-day you will:
* Produce innovative solutions for Avanade's clients driven by exploratory data analysis from complex and high-dimensional datasets, both structured and unstructured, applying advanced statistical, machine-learning and AI techniques. * Apply knowledge of statistics, machine learning, programming, data modeling, simulation, deep learning and advanced mathematics to recognize patterns, find opportunities, pose business questions, and make valuable discoveries leading to better business decision making. * Use a flexible, analytical approach to design, develop, and evaluate predictive models and advanced algorithms that lead to optimal value extraction from the data. * Communicate insights and deliver plans that steer business strategy and decision-making for one or more business segments. * Work with Avanade's and client teams to translate prototypes into new products, services, and features and provide guidelines for large-scale implementations. * Identify new analytics tools and techniques and lead development and deployment of infrastructure for generating and analyzing information.
* Demonstrable professional experience with applying Machine Learning, analysis, and modeling of large scale and complex data sets in Industry scenarios.
* Highly skilled in statistical analysis, quantitative analytics, forecasting/predictive analytics, deep learning, simulation and optimization algorithms.
* Highly proficient in statistical modeling tools and Cognitive analytics like text analytics, image recognition, video analytics etc.- Highly proficient in model identification by use case/industry and knowledge of applying models to enterprise use cases.
* Highly proficient with two or more languages, including R, Python, PySpark, SQL, and experience with SQL and NoSQL databases and tools like DataBricks, Azure ML and Spark. Preference for prior experience working with Azure. * Bonus Skills: Bonsai, AIMMS, Scipy, and Network Optimization * Good communication and presentation skills. Able to explain complex analytical methodologies and concepts in non-technical language to audiences at multiple skill levels.
You likely possess a Masters or PHD degree in, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Analytics, Economics/Econometrics, Engineering or another relevant field in the Industry. An equivalent combination of education and experience will also suffice.
You likely have about 4+ years of demonstrable experience mining and analyzing complex data sets, preferably in a consulting environment or a combination of experience and relevant education.
Employment Transparency Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at email@example.com or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.
- Avanade Inc. Jobs