Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan Business Technology Team Lead in Detroit, Michigan
Perform administrative and basic leadership duties by planning, directing and coordinating daily activities of the department. Contribute to planning, creating and implementing the department’s vision and strategy aligned with the company’s strategic business plan. Assist in the development of corporate standards, technology architecture, technology evaluation and transfer. Manage one or more functions related to business and systems analysis, application development and process improvement.
Provide project management, technical leadership, and business consulting to corporate customers that build partnerships, foster innovation, and drive execution of corporate goals.
Lead the delivery of one or more business initiatives. Coordinate activities by scheduling work assignments, setting priorities, and directing the work of subordinate employees.
Define, prioritize, and manage multiple development projects that automate business and reporting processes, directly support corporate initiatives, resulting in corporate and divisional cost savings.
Provide input to business technology planning. Assist in managing business technology administration/operations/support to ensure successful fulfillment of end-user requirements. Assist in maintaining and controlling department budget, schedule and resources. Meet regularly with team to gather work statuses. Provide input into demand management process. Ensure compliance with business technology standards, governance processes, and performance metrics to ensure the department delivers value to the enterprise. Ensure adherence to policies, procedures, and standards.
Discuss work progress and obstacles. Provide advice, guidance, encouragement and constructive feedback. Ensure work, information, ideas, and technology flow freely across teams. Establish measurable individual and team objectives that are aligned with business and organizational goals. Document and present performance assessments.
Recognize and reward associates commensurate with performance. Partner with direct reports to establish a career development plan that is aligned to achievement of performance and career goals. Provide ongoing feedback for development. Comply with organizational practices for staffing, EEO, diversity, performance management, development, reward and recognition, and retention. Provide input to the identification and development of potential future leaders.
Advocate the need for change. Act as a change agent to implement and manage best practices within area of responsibility. Execute change through frequent communication to staff. Coach staff through the change. Identify and remove obstacles to change. Generate appropriate communication, process and educational plans for mitigating the disruption of change.
Maintain knowledge of current trends and new technologies in related areas.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in related field required.
- Five (5) years of relevant technical and business/industry work experience required.
- Experience in supervising and building relationships with people at all levels required.
- Decision making, critical and strategic thinking skills.
- Must possess a combination of business, technical and leadership skills and competencies understanding of client's business needs, processes and functions
- Solid knowledge of business infrastructure, architecture, application development and support, networks, and computer operations
- Written and verbal communication skills and the ability to influence others.
- Ability to achieve or exceed planned outcomes and produce results.
- Other related skills and/or abilities may be required to perform this job.related skills and/or abilities may be required to perform this job.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Information Systems or related field of study.
- 2 years of leadership experience preferred.
- 5+ years of T-SQL development working with large datasets for analysis and reporting.
- 1+ years of experience with a report development or ETL tool such as SSRS, Tableau, SSIS, etc.
- 1+ years of experience with developing ETL processes Strong attention to detail.
- Accuracy and quality is a must have.
- Strong verbal and written communication required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other grounds, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
Primary Location: Detroit
Organization: Claims, Enrollment & Prog Mgt-7108
Req ID: OPE00118