Capgemini Automotive Embedded Engineer with Android in Detroit, Michigan
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com at http://www.capgemini.com/#_blank . People matter, results count.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant - http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
• Design and develop Android based infotainment solutions for automotive consumer devices.
• Responsible for the entire life cycle of the assigned domain, including requirements, system design, development, maintenance of the infotainment software.
• Participate in the design of a best-in-class in-vehicle platform for infotainment systems.
• Follow our software development process where quality comes first and ensure that the designed solutions conform to architectural requirements such as scalability, maintainability, reliability, extensibility, usability and security.
• Engage in all regular software development activities such as architecture, feature requirements, design, code, and test case reviews to ensure that the team delivers high quality code on time.
• Bridge multiple disciplines, including Engineering, Information Technology, Technical Support, and Marketing, to make appropriate system-level design trade-offs and to identify, capture and refine system requirements and to identify innovation opportunities.
• Work on new feature development, as well as maintenance of existing features and bug fixes
• Provide clear and complete documentation based on the definition of the software development process
• Collaborate with team members in software development activities using the Scrum/Agile development process.
• Work closely with various Infotainment teams to support triage and resolution of system issue
Bachelor's degree; preferably in Computer Science
• 3-5 years in software development
• Java Programming
• Development experience with Android frameworks (service, JNI, native service, HAL, etc.), familiar with Android local unit tests and instrumented tests.
• Software design and implementation experience in an object-oriented environment
• Commercial software development experience with Java, C or C
• Exposure to SCM tools such as: Git, Gerrit, Jenkins, JIRA
• Prior experience with vehicle infotainment, telematics or navigation systems a plus
• Experience with automotive and/or portable consumer electronic devices is a plus
• History of success in applying advanced technology to enhance the usability of complex systems is a plus
• Experience in communication network protocols like CAN, UART, SPI
• Experience with script languages such as Python, Perl or Shell will be a plus.
• Agile experience a plus
• Creative, disciplined with a strong sense of ownership, responsibility and on schedule delivery commitment
Applications Consultants have expertise in a specific technology environment. They are responsible for software-specific design and realization, as well as testing, deployment and release management, or technical and functional application management of client-specific package based solutions (e.g. SAP, ORACLE). These roles also require functional and methodological capabilities in testing and training.
Required Skills and Experience:
You are an expert in one or more business processes and technology practices and are accountable for translating a business case into a detailed technical design. Alternatively, you are responsible for operational and technical issues and translate technical blueprints into requirements and specifications. You may also be responsible for integration testing and user acceptance testing. You act as a stream lead, guiding team members by experience. You are seen as active member within technology communities.
• Qualification: 6 – 8 (2 years min relevant experience in the role) years experience, Bachelor’s Degree.
• Certification: SE level 1 and seeking level 2.
• Must have experience in Package Configuration.
• Should be proficient in Business Analysis, Business Knowledge, Testing, Architecture Knowledge, Technical Solution Design and Vendor Management.
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.
Title: Automotive Embedded Engineer with Android
Requisition ID: 049623
- Capgemini Jobs