Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan Application Developer II –.NET in Detroit, Michigan
Application Developer II – .NET
Integration & Imaging Systems
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan
Plan, develop, test and implement IT system solutions that improve business efficiency and productivity as well as support business strategies and goals. Identify and communicate business needs and translate business requirements into technical system and functional specifications. Support one or more moderately to highly complex business processes/systems for multiple business units. Project team member for projects medium to large in scope and high complexity.
Participate in business short-term planning sessions to ensure understanding of business goals, direction and business requirements; provide input from an IT systems perspective. Participate in the estimation of costs for the planning of new systems/enhancements for assigned systems. Serve as a liaison between business area and the IT organization and vendors in coordination with project managers to provide technical solutions that address user needs.
Translate business requirements into technical requirements. Formulate and define system scope and objective based on user needs and understanding of business processes. Develop, write, and communicate systems design, functional system specifications and functional architecture analysis. Identify gaps or issues.
Analyze customer’s systems and capabilities to understand strengths and weaknesses for the identification of opportunities for system improvement.
Develop user and/or system test cases and validate test results during testing, as needed. Document system modifications. Develop system manuals, system training materials and system enhancement communication.
Identify, investigate, resolve and escalate problems, as needed. Gather data to support recommendations to address problems. Procure technical assistance to help in problem resolution.
Work closely with developers and end users to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction.
Provide factual content to feasibility study for standard development projects and enhancements. Stay abreast of new and emerging technologies. Analyze technology trends to determine impact to the achievement of business goals. Identify issues based on impact of new/emerging technology or modifications to existing systems.
Provide input for the development of Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and/or forecasting activities as needed. Review performance against SLAs. Identify areas for improvement. Support achievement of SLAs.
Coach and mentor less experienced team members.
Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred.
- Three (3) years of relevant system solution development, testing and implementation work experience required.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong analytical, technical, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of business operations, systems requirements and IT processes.
- Ability to work independently, or within a team environment.
- Other related skills and/or abilities may be required to perform this job.
- 3 - 5 years' experience in developing Microsoft VB .NET applications
- 2 - 3 years' experience developing using Java EE -preferred
- Strong Relational Data Base experience (DB2, MS SQL Server, Oracle)
- Familiarity with project life-cycle SDLC, defect tracking and change management procedures
- Proven ability to create/update store procedures and understand complex SQL commands
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other grounds, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
Job: Information Technology
Primary Location: Detroit
Organization: Health Plan Business IT-7111
Req ID: INT0001P