Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan Analytics Business Consultant in Detroit, Michigan
As an Analytics Business Consultant at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan, you will work closely with leaders across the business as well as data scientists to help develop new analytics capabilities to change the business for the better. If making a significant impact on the business within an entrepreneurial environment sounds like the role for you, please read on to learn more about this new opportunity at Blue Cross.
What the Analytics Business Consultant does...
Responsible for driving significant impact and value through data and analytics within the business. Act as a thought-partner to business owners (e.g., Operations, Marketing) from predictive analytics to successful outcomes.
- Structure and identify the key business problems that data and analytics can help solve.
- Works as a partner with and challenge the business owner by asking the right questions.
- Provides insight to the business partner in terms of what “state of the art” looks like in data and analytics in their area; helps define the “art of the possible”.
- Jointly owns the KPIs and performance metrics with the business owners.
- Understands strategic needs of the business and can translate need into potential new use cases.
- Builds deep understanding of the product/functional area (e.g., Operations, Marketing) assigned.
- Helps Data Scientists understand the business problem to determine the appropriate analytical approach to solution.
What the right candidates bring...
- Bachelor’s degree in quantitative field (business, math, economics, finance, statistics, science, engineering).
- Master’s degree in business, economics, finance preferred.
- Minimum seven years of experience in business analysis.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to develop we1l-structured communications and presentations.
- Team and goals oriented
- Flexible with proven track record in collaborating with multiple stakeholders and driving results
- Other related skills and/or abilities may be required to perform this job.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other grounds, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
Primary Location: Detroit
Organization: Chief of Staff & Corp Sec-0200
Req ID: BCB004GB