TEKsystems Software Engineer in Dearborn, Michigan
Our organization's primary capability to enable advanced analytics technologies in the big data space that will lead to improved quality, design, marketing, and development of our current and future products. This includes the delivery of core Search at Scale and Machine Learning/ Deep Learning capabilities for the company that is a key enabler for innovation and mobility.
GDI&A IT is looking for a Software Engineer focused on delivering software leveraging Java, Python, C++, Scala, Angular, Solr, Hadoop, Spark, Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF), Machine Learning libraries, etc. based on proven Lean/Agile methods. The Software Engineer will work in a small, cross-functional, and co-located team. The Software Engineer will collaborate directly and continuously with business partners, product managers and designers, and will release early and often.
* Work hands-on with the team and other stakeholders to deliver quality software products that meet our customer's requirements and needs.
* Integrate Machine Learning algorithms and create working software products.
* Help GDI&A Partners understand our iterative development approach and focus on delivering a Minimum Viable Product through careful and deliberate prioritization.
* Grow technical capabilities / expertise and provide guidance to other members on the team
* A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar technical discipline
* 6+ years of work experience in either of the skill sets
* Strong development experience in at least one of the following technologies:
* Exceptional software engineering knowledge; OO Design Principles
* Basic understanding of Machine Learning, Advanced Search and potential use cases
* Strong desire to learn new skills and apply to solve business problems/opportunities
* Experience in delivering software products using iterative approach
* Experience in end to end cycle of software development
* Familiar with deploying to cloud platforms, preferably Pivotal Cloud Foundry or Cloud Foundry
* Capable in Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery tools and pipelines such as Jenkins, Gradle, etc.
-You should be able to speak about EVERYTHING in your resume. I will bring copies of your resume for you.
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
TEKsystems, Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
TEKsystems is a equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.