Aerotek Signoff Engineer in DEARBORN, Michigan
Validation Engineer Position Summary:
• Progress the development of role in Driver Assist Technologies (DAT) physical validation deliverables for major program milestones such as Preliminary Engineering Completion (PEC) and Final Engineering Completion (FEC).
• Create a facility to perform DAT physical testing (breadboard and vehicle level).
• Develop test methods to support DAT requirements and publish new procedures.
• Manage team actions including DV planning, prototype availability, lab scheduling and resources, pre-test paperwork, and post-test assessments.
• Execute DV validation testing to support major program milestones (hardware and software).
• Continually improve efficiency of DV methods and minimize physical testing
• Operate with exceptional integrity to deliver Global Product Development System (GPDS) gateway/milestones on time to established acceptance criteria.
• Self-motivated individual with passion to deliver results, drive to improve the current processes, and develop new best practices.
• Determine program content that impacts DAT DV by using documented program detail as well as communication with D&R, Feature Owner and program management.
• Identify New Technology, new Features, estimate test time required and complexity drivers.
• Establish robust but efficient DV plans and document in eFDVS/FEDE or similar, agreed upon location.
• For published test procedures, develop “Cookbook” model for test and prep time to help identify physical prototype needs on future programs.
• Create pre-test documentation in Enhanced Laboratory Management System (ELMS) and reserve physical prototypes.
• Lead resolution and/or elevate all issues that arise from DV testing that jeopardize sign-off at milestone (hardware and software). Develop reDV or retest plan and execute testing if needed.
• Work with Core Engineering, Vehicle Engineering and Test Operations to correlate requirements to customer needs, improve test method accuracy and efficiency, and support analytical tool development.
Electrical Engineering, Wiring, Schematics, Prototype Build, Breadboard, Systems Integration, EDS, electrical schematic, CAN
Top Skills Details:
Schematic Reading / Circuitry
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Position Qualifications & Critical Skills - Required:
• Bachelors of Science in Engineering or Computer Science
Position Qualifications & Critical Skills - Preferred:
• Experience in electrical or systems design and/or functional testing with a solid working knowledge of feature & software components
• Experience in program management ensuring that components and systems are developed according to official product development systems
• Ability to work in a diverse environment with mechanics, engineers, technicians, technologists, and suppliers
• Strong communication skills and proficient in utilizing MS Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project) and SharePoint sites
• Able to accommodate a flexible work schedule to cover workload peaks, including flexible weekday hours and weekend work
• Self-starter with the ability and desire to take responsibility and deliver results with minimal supervision
• Good collaboration skills, ability to work with multiple people and manage a variety of projects simultaneously with solid organizational skills
• Ability and courage to effectively communicate key issues and recommendations to management
Amazing begins here. EASi is a leading global services company specializing in engineering and sciences. For more than 35 years, EASi has delivered critical services across a range of industries, including energy and utilities, transportation, heavy equipment, consumer and industrial products, medical devices, pharmaceutical and biotechnology, as well as academic and health care research. By adapting to the constantly evolving needs of our customers, we have built specialized expertise and a multidisciplinary perspective - leveraging cutting-edge technology and processes - to constantly improve and innovate. Through EASi's flexible solutions and consultative approach, customers in engineering and sciences can expect unparalleled quality, increased speed to market and collaborative customer engagement services.
Headquartered in Hanover, Maryland, EASi has 3,700 dedicated employees across North America, Europe and Asia. EASi is an Aerotek company, a leader in the recruiting and staffing industry. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group® Inc., a global leader in talent solutions. To learn more about EASi, visit EASi.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Aerotek Jobs