Fujitsu Senior Developer (PCF Accel) in Dearborn, Michigan
Title: Senior Developer (PCF Accel)
Job Number: FC0066053
We are currently seeking a high performing Senior Java Developer to facilitate digital transformation of legacy java applications.
Ideal candidates will have experience and desire to assist customer in internal cloud capabilities utilizing 12-factor application architecture utilizing Pivotal Cloud Foundry as the technology platform. The work will vary in support of technology obsolescence, development of new solutions, and establishment of data services and/or integrations. Development to be done primarily in a full agile environment.
Technical programmers trained in Cloud technology with superior JAVA and/or .NET skills. Tasks will include analyzing applications, performing refactoring changes as needed, and migrating the application to client’s Pivotal Cloud Foundry instance. Provide application support upon this migration.
Skills required include:
• Experience in Software Development: contributing to the Software Development environment and CI/CD tool chain
• Candidate will work with business partners and product owners to deliver products that delight end users
• Strong communication skills will be required to succeed in this job;
• Work with product manager and UX designer to define application requirements and usability
• Practice and teach development in a paired programming model
• Utilize, practice and teach test-driven development (TDD)
• Knowledge: Apply extensive best practices, techniques, standards, principles, theories, and concepts to deliver projects
• Problem Solving: Provide technical solutions and implementations to complex problems that require ingenuity and creativity
• Discretion: Exercise considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment
• Superior Java and/or .Net programming skills
• Advanced Experience and skill with Cloud oriented programming and micro services architecture
Candidates must be willing to learn the new methodology and software development disciplines, as well as have a strong interest and passion for coaching and sharing knowledge.
Typical Education & Experience:
Technical bachelor’s degree and typically 5-8 or more years' related work experience or a Master's degree with typically 4-7 or more years'. A technical degree is defined as any four year degree, or greater, in a mathematic, scientific or information technology field of study.
Good communication skills are needed both verbally and written, to Interact with peers and customers. Software development/support skills include: designing, documenting, coding, user training, testing, and maintaining software computing applications. Job requires the ability to work well with others on a team as well as independently. Job requires working within a diverse team of skilled and motivated co-workers to collaborate on results. Other qualities for this candidate are a positive attitude, self-motivated, the ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment, and the ability to adapt to changing priorities.
• At least 4 years experience in development/implementation of small and/or large scale applications
• At least 4 years experience with Java and/or .NET/C#
• Experience with Microservices and SOA using REST or SOAP APIs
• Strong communication skills
• Experience working within Agile Methodologies (eg. Scrum, Kanban)
• Experience with Test Driven Development
• Experience in planning continuous integration and continuous delivery CI/CD (practice, teach)
• Cloud application development (AWS, Azure, PCF)