TEKsystems IoT Systems Engineer in Dearborn, Michigan
TEKsystems had a client that is looking for an IoT Systems Engineer that will lead in identification, selection and integration of building technology to drive intelligent/Smart Building automation that delivers a true best-in-class workplace experience and integrated environment. Automation and integration shall extend beyond the boundaries of the building, to include Smart Campus/ Smart City connected buildings, infrastructure, grid and vehicle level connectivity to ensure seamless full scale integration
• Candidate shall work in a team environment and leverage several cross-functional teams to deliver results. Projects include new construction and renovation of industrial, commercial or institutional structures as needed. Maintain working knowledge of latest building codes and standards used in the industry.
• Develop and maintain knowledge expertise in areas of IoT devices, sensors, controls and software apps in the Smart Building environment
• Identify and implement facility technology solutions that deliver health & wellness
• Review construction drawings and specifications for projects across the building portfolio. Coordinate with suppliers, architect/engineers, IT, project planners, project managers, and estimators.
• Assist in the development of a strategy to deploy technology solutions on broad scale
• Assist in the development of a “data lake” that includes building and site information that is drawn upon for a Smart Campus/ Smart City connected buildings
Top Skills Details:
Experience as a systems administrator (linux or windows)
Experience as network administrator
Experience working with IoT products and incorporating them into the technical ecosystem.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Solid understanding of building construction process (schematic design through commissioning), physical security/fire standards, IT networking, cyber security, and enterprise management of devices.
• Skilled in use of Microsoft Office O365 Suite, Microsoft Visio, Autodesk tools – AutoCad, Revit, Vault, BIM 360
• Strong record of technical innovation/contribution. Evidence of continuous growth in technical capabilities and expertise
• Independent worker and capable of delivering multiple project commitments concurrently
• Experience in the procurement of services or goods and the requirements to adhere to company procedures
• Strong customer focus and excellent communication skills, both written and oral
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- TEKsystems Jobs