Spartan Motors Quality Engineer - (MM11319) in Charlotte, Michigan
Quality Engineer - (MM11319)
Job Requisition ID: MM11319
Job Title: Quality Engineer
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Charlotte, MI
Post Date: 06/26/2018
The Quality Engineer is responsible to be involved with participation in all program documentation. Provide problem solving assistance to the organization. Work within a cross-functional team setting for corrective action resolution. Directing and implementing continuous improvement activity. Monitoring key measurement data for trend analysis and making suggestions for improvement. Maintaining a professional relationship within, as well as, outside of the plant to promote corporate goals. Understand and work to established quality system registration requirements, procedures and objectives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following reflect the essential functions for this position but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned based upon changing business conditions.
• Complete understanding of quality related documents: Control plan, PFMEA, Flow charting, PPAP, 8D, etc.
• Ability to present a professional atmosphere while working with customer.
• Complete understanding of the engineering principles.
• Use of the AS400 system.
• Develop a system and maintain the program for Control Plan, PFMEA and Process Flow Chart.
• Develop and maintain a professional working relationship with all levels of the organization.
• Support the corporate goals and objectives as directed.
• Develop a system to implement and assist in maintaining Operator Instructions and Visual Aides.
• Develop a system to implement and assist in maintaining in-process control sheets.
• Monitor in-process data for follow-up requirements.
• Lead and assist Quality Supervisor with internal containment activity.
• Create and publish PSR corrective action documents.
• Assist PSR activity for SPEC and Top 5 meetings.
• Assist with mentoring for quality associates. Also, quality systems mentoring to overall organization.
• Know and understand external and internal PPM for your programs.
• Meet your stated objectives and goals on time.
• Maintain a professional appearance, attitude and work environment.
• Publishes a flash report by close of business each Friday.
• BS or BA required
• Master’s degree preferred
• 5+ years related experience
• Proven leadership and business skills
• Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
• Ability to work with all levels of management
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
• Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
Spartan Motors Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status or disability.