Munson Medical Center Practice Administrator in Charlevoix, Michigan
Responsible for the overall non clinical operations of the assigned physician network practices including operational efficiency, personnel, finance, revenue cycle, information technology and all other administrative aspects of the network practices. Implements strategic and operating plans as well as system policies and procedures. Provides data analysis to assess practice performance and drives performance improvement activities. Represents the practices with internal and external parties in the business transactions of the practice
Bachelor’s degree in business, health care administration, or related field. Master’s degree in health administration or business administration preferred. A minimum 5 years’ experience including office practice management, financial analysis, revenue cycle operations, forecasting, and budgeting is required. Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills required. Experience in payor quality and population health programs strongly preferred.
Demonstrated understanding of health care finance, statistics and data management is required. Demonstrated ability to establish collegial relationships with physicians is required. Demonstrated entrepreneurship and creativity in problem solving. Personal computer literacy and knowledge of Electronic Health Records is required.
Reports to Regional Director of Practice Operations
POPULATIONS SERVED, COMPETENCIES, INCLUDING AGE OF PATIENTS SERVED
No direct clinical contact with patients
- Supports the Mission, Vision and Values of Munson Healthcare.
- Embraces and supports the Performance Improvement philosophy of Munson Healthcare.
- Promotes personal and patient safety.
- Uses effective customer service/interpersonal skills at all times.
- Implement and monitor processes to optimize registration, scheduling, referral coordination and pre-authorizations. Ensure practice compliance with system policies & procedures and standard operating procedures around front end revenue cycle processes.
- Implement and monitor processes to optimize point of service cash collections within assigned practices.
- Assure that Information Systems are meeting the needs of the practices, ensures business analytics/EHR support is focused and accountable. Provides leadership in system implementations in partnership with IT and ambulatory informatics.
- Review, revise and enforce MHC system standard operating policies and procedures for non-physician personnel.
- Achieve P4P metrics (PQRS, PGIP, BCBS Specialists uplift, others), work with physicians and practice staff to drive continuous improvement in payor quality initiatives.
- Insure compliance with all Federal, State and other regulatory body requirements related to the Practice.
- Seek out, recommend, and implement methods for improving internal efficiency in such areas as patient flow, manpower/equipment utilization, cash flow and space needs.
- Monitor levels of patient service and patient satisfaction. Represent practices in system forums related to the patient experience. Develop and implement action plans to continually improve patient satisfaction scores.
- Schedules and manages outreach operations across the system.
- Support physician compensation and contract development activities, as requested by administration.
- Provide leadership and direction for the employees of the Practice and managers to maintain a constructive working environment for employees and physicians.
- Develop and maintain an effective, efficient organizational structure consistent with the standards identified for the MHC physician network.
- Manage employee relations, including compliance with personnel policies.
- Insure that staff are appropriately trained and informed, with opportunities for professional development, as appropriate.
- Participate and implement communication strategies to keep employees, physicians and others well informed of changes, updates.
- Ensure annual performance reviews are conducted on all practice staff.
- Direct recruitment, hiring and any termination of staff.
- Insure staff complies with customer expectations and care coordination initiatives.
- Monitor the financial performance of the assigned practices and individual physicians. Develop variance reports and action plans to achieve operational budget targets as necessary.
- Participates in the development of annual practice operational and capital budgets.
- Oversee in collaboration with CBO, efficient management of patient accounts, including accounts receivable, processing of medical insurance claims, reimbursement levels and documentation requirements.
- Recommend fee schedule changes, as needed; maintain fee policies.
- Insure that payroll, checking and other financial systems are efficiently operating.
- Insure integrity of medical records system and compliance with respective documentation policies and procedures.
- Oversee administrative aspects of clinical services and engage physician network clinical leadership to resolve clinical issues as necessary.
- Address risk management issues, as appropriate.
- Provide outreach oversight for physician schedules and collaboration with affiliates.
- Participates with the respective Service Line Executive Director in the development of strategic and operating plans to guide the growth and development of the assigned network practices. Implements strategic tactics for practice growth, efficiency, and quality in the short-term (1-2 years) and the long term (5 years).
- Research, identify and recommend new opportunities to enhance the practice; evaluate opportunities proposed by others for their impact on the practices.
- Anticipate issues that may have a major impact on the practices; analyze problems and present solutions.
- Assess reimbursement changes affecting the practices, recommend solutions. Prepare practices for pay-for-performance expectations.
- Participate in service line programmatic planning for work flow improvements and improvements with care coordination.
- Represent the Practice in dealing with external groups, including other health care providers, hospitals, insurers, employers and community groups.
- Participate as requested in activities associated with Northern Physician Organization (physicians’ member PO), HMO’s, PPO’s and other payers.
- Provide administrative representation for the Practices with other joint venture or collaborative activities.
- Participate in community, philanthropic, and professional organization as a represented leader. B. Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned. 1.