Farmers Insurance Technical Service Delivery Principle in Caledonia, Michigan
We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
This position manages Incident, Change, and Problem Management processes based on ITIL best practices. Incumbent will focus on core IT Service Management / ITIL functions including, but not limited to Tier 2 and Tier 3 systems support, application support, infrastructure support. The Service Delivery SME will ensure standardized methods and procedures are used for efficient and prompt handling of all escalated incidents and problems to minimize the impact of service quality, and will monitor critical application systems to ensure high level of availability and stability.
Essential Job Functions
The Service Delivery SME, IT Service Operations will serve as point of contact for identifying, communicating, and following up on issues for incident resolution and to avoid adverse impact. The Service Delivery SME will ensure problems have a root-cause identified, and will help modify processes and plans as necessary to remediate future incidents and problems.
Special Skill Requirement
- Direct ITSM Problem Management, Incident Management, Service Management, Configuration Management, Change/Release Management - in global delivery model; Maintain high availability by implementing monitoring system for critical applications.
- Deep understanding of customers & business processes and products, including but not limited to how these can be best supported by the business systems.
- Ensure escalation processes support best practice incident management.
- Align business goals and strategy with suitable technology solutions - Application Development and Maintenance, Infrastructure Service, Production Support, Operations, Security Risk and Compliance.
- Oversee project management tracking, managing end-to-end project deliverables.
- Help Identify rationalization opportunities and implement best practices and automation in order to drive cost savings and higher ROI.
- Focus on continuous improvement, working with cross-functional teams.
- Advocating for the customer using a deep understanding of their systems, business priorities and strategic direction.
- Managing daily operations to ensure the delivered performance and services match customer needs.
- Consulting with clients on challenges with their systems to deliver operational improvements and a tailored customer experience.
- Facilitating problem solving and technical resolution meetings between internal client and the IT.
- Ensuring consistent increases in service and system performance over the lifecycle of the business relationship.
- Be aware of any change management events affecting customer/s and ensure proper risk analysis and communication has been performed for assigned customer/s.
- Serve as a liaison for our 3rd party suppliers and vendors.
- Use of Monitoring Tools:
- *Proactive support of incident/problem outage potentials.
- *Trend forecasting for capacity planning.
- Disaster Recovery point person for the Foremost and Bristol West businesses:
- *Participate in annual DR exercises while ensuring all functions are adequately tested and are current with the DR plan.
- Business Continuity Planning:
- *Maintain and support documentation.
- *Participate in annual exercises.
- Maintain and support applications, systems and servers technical documentation.
- Facilitate Incident Calls with Incident Management Team, Business and Technical Resources.
- Capacity planning and management. Trusted advisor to Executive Leadership.
- Works well under pressure.
- Excellent communications skills.
May require occasional travel.
(Internal Titles: App SME III)
/Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce./
Job: *Information Technology
Organization: *Farmers Insurance
Title: Technical Service Delivery Principle
Requisition ID: 180004YN