Orchid Orthopedic Solutions Manufacturing Engineer, Operations Excellence Transformation, Orchid Bridgeport in Bridgeport, Michigan
SUMMARY OF POSITIONThe Manufacturing Engineer, Operations Excellence Transformation supports Orchid Bridgeport in Orchid's operational excellence transformation to increase the productivity of the site. He/she supports aspects of this program at the site under direction from the Manager, Operations Excellence Transformation, Orchid Bridgeport, including recommending productivity commitments through the 2024 period, supporting implementation of program commitments, and working with a team to deliver on commitments and program management milestones. He/she is also responsible for providing timely updates of site program progress to the Manager, Operations Excellence Transformation, Orchid Bridgeport.
The role requires a technical background, including lean manufacturing familiarity, strong change management skills, ability to influence, organization savviness, and the ability to communicate complicated topics in a simple way with stakeholders.
No Shift ($0) (United States of America)
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Supports the Site Transformation program.
- Commits to productivity targets for the 2020-2024 period based on deep analytical analysis.
- Uses value stream mapping and standardized work tools to develop improvement priorities.
- Works with the cross functional team to implement improvement plans through kaizen events and daily problem solving.
- Ensures key program implementation milestones are understood, communicated, and aligned.
- Supports Site Transformation Culture Development and Talent Management Processes and Results
- Supports and develops team members following the One Orchid global talent management approach to select, manage, and develop our best team. Ensures the growth of our positive business culture through behaviors that align with our core values and leadership competencies.
- Establishes and aligns goals and provides continuous feedback on results and Orchid values.
- Drives an improvement culture by focusing on "the process not the people" while demanding not only quick resolution but also root cause alignment and systematic corrective action implementation. Ensures this improvement culture is driven to the shop floor.
- Supports Achievement of Improvement Goals and Supports Financial and Operating Plan Goals
- Reinforces "buy in" and commitment to these targets by stakeholders during site operating, budget, and VCP reviews.
- Participates in ensuring processes are in place to deliver site annual and strategic objectives, including but not limited to OEE and VAPD performance, productivity, capacity planning, and capital investment.
- Supports implementation a robust management operating system which quickly highlights necessary adjustment to the cross-functional team, providing confidence that site strategic and operational goals will be successfully implemented.
- Supports a Program Management Process
- Supports the site transformation productivity funnel. This funnel is the outcome of the site's value stream roadmaps.
- Collaborates with Operations Analysts to ensure data is available, monitored, and reported with a consistent approach. Supports implementation of any management system at the site level.
- Participates in providing proactive program updates to key stakeholders, including understanding of root cause of any actions requiring corrective action.
- Supports implementation of One Orchid Process
- Participates in ensuring that required training is delivered to the site team in support of site goals and objectives, and program management milestones.
- Supports definition of One Orchid processes as defined by the Director, Operations Excellence Transformation. Implements best practices as these practices are defined.
- Works with Lead Change Agent - Manager, Operations Excellence Transformation, Orchidto ensure goals and objectives of the site transformation program are simply communicated at their site.
- Provides support to team members to ensure that they have the required knowledge and skills prior to performing job duties independently, including conducting, documenting and evaluating training effectiveness.
- Aids in the development of Orchid wide lean tools and common language.
- Maintains a safe and healthy work environment by following company standards and procedures.
- Supports quality and compliance by adhering to all procedures, work instructions, and forms per the Quality Management Systems (QMS)
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
2+ Years of Experience in a Manufacturing Environment (Preferred), Experience implementing business or functional strategies with demonstrated business acumen and world class change management skills (Preferred), Lean manufacturing experience (Preferred)
Associates - Business, Manufacturing, Engineering, or Related Field Required, Bachelor - Industrial Engineering, Bachelor - Business, Manufacturing, Engineering, or Related Field, Bachelor - Mechanical Engineering
None - N/A
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS THAT ENABLE SUCCESS
Accuracy and Attention to Detail (Basic Knowledge), Change Leadership (Basic Knowledge), Collaboration (Basic Knowledge), Communication (Working Experience), Flexibility & Adaptability (Working Experience), Manufacturing Process (Working Experience), Problem Solving (Working Experience), Process Management (Working Experience)
WHAT WE OFFER
- Opportunity to work in a growing company
- Ability to help people live a longer, more active life
- Comprehensive benefit package
- Ability to work in an organization that values:
- Integrity First: We do the right thing
- Teamwork: We are all connected
- Results: We are all driven
- Frequently operates a computer or other machinery as required.
- Ability to work flexible work schedule as required to meet the demands of the business.
- Candidates offered employment must submit to a pre-employment background check and pre-employment drug test
- Candidates must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States through eVerify
EOE, including disability/vets
Position: Manufacturing Engineer, Operations Excellence Transformation, Orchid Bridgeport
Company: Orchid Orthopedic Solutions
Job Location(s): Bridgeport, MI
Start Date: As soon as possible
Employment Term: Regular
Employment Type: Full Time
Starting Salary Range: Not Provided
Required Education: Bachelor's Degree
Required Experience: Open
Required Security Clearance: None
Related Categories: Engineering - General, Engineering - Mechanical, Engineering - Industrial