Center for Computer Resources Onsite Network/Systems Engineer in Bingham Farms, Michigan
Job Title: OnsiteNetwork/Systems Engineer
Department: Service and Support
Reports to: ServiceLead
Location: SterlingHeights, Southfield, Bingham Farms, and other areas as necessary
The Onsite Systems/Network Engineer isresponsible for handling onsite support and escalations of service requestsfrom the help desk for one client. This relates to all technology, to include:workstations, servers, printers, networks, and vendor specific hardware andsoftware. They help manage vendors, day to day tickets, implement smallprojects, and participate in large projects. Experience in the medical and ITindustries is required.
Essential Duties andResponsibilities:
· IT Support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft’score business applications and operating systems.
· Support of backup solutions, and recovery/restoration ofdata/environments.
· Advanced technical support at the network level: WAN and LANconnectivity, Layer 2/3 switches, routers, firewalls, and security.
· Remote access solution implementation and support: VPN, TerminalServices, and Citrix.
· System documentation maintenance and review in documentationplatform.
· VERY effective communication with the client as required. Keeping them informed of incident progress.
Additional Duties andResponsibilities:
· Improve client satisfaction and provide proactive andexceptional service.
· Ability to work as a team and communicate effectively.
· Work with the account manager and Manager of ProfessionalServices on any escalated issues.
· Escalate or work with other Engineers to resolve servicerequests that require assistance to resolve.
· Responsible for entering time and expenses in ConnectWise as itoccurs.
· Monitoring an onsite service board for new tickets.
Key Knowledge, Skills,and/or Abilities Required:
To perform this job successfully, anindividual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Therequirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/orability required. They are all preferred, but not required.
· Be able to manage multiple tasks at once, and be an extremelyeffective communicator, orally and written to give updates on major issues.
· Ability to interface with key management personnel both internaland client facing.
· Advanced understanding of operating systems, businessapplications, printing systems, and network systems.
· Advance Experience with Citrix, Storefront Servers, XenApp.
· Ability to learn technically and apply the knowledge immediately.
· SSL certificate implementations
· Experience with Aria EMR
· Experience with Nextgen
· HL7 interface equipment
· Experience with Cisco and HP switches
· Experience with Cisco Firewalls/Routers
· Experience with SonicWALL Firewalls.
· Experience with VMware up to version 6.5
· Experience with Server 2003-2016
· Experience with Exchange 2003-2016
· Experience with Office 365
· Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communicationskills, active listening and customer-care.
· Diagnosis skills of advanced technical issues.
· Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
· Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-movingenvironment
This is a salaried position. Candidates mustbe available from 8am to 5pm on weekdays and should expect occasional afterhours work and work on the weekends. You should expect an early start at timesif there are issues reported overnight. There is a rotating on-call schedulefor this position. Must have reliable travel.