Firekeepers Casino Hotel Database Developer in Battle Creek, Michigan
SCOPE OF POSITION:
The Database Developer ensures that database systems are optimally designed for stability, availability and performance. This includes the setup, maintenance, security, problem detection/resolution, and tuning of databases in a networked environment. The Database Developer creates user interfaces and reports as necessary to access information from the databases. The Database Developer assists in creating and coordinating database backup and recovery plans, as well as minimizing data loss when a failure occurs. The Database Developer plans and organizes development projects, gathering and writing requirements, developing, testing, and releasing solution, and creates end user documentation as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following is a list of the main duties and responsibilities. However, other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary by management. All duties must be performed in accordance with Tribal, Federal, and other applicable requirements, organizational specific policies, procedures and practices.
- Develops policies and procedures designed to ensure the accuracy and integrity of the database(s) in a predominately MS SQL environment.
- Provides documentation of logical and physical database design.
- Performs database performance monitoring and implements efficiency improvements.
- Oversees the design and maintenance of database structures and dictionaries.
- Assists in the preparation of backup and recovery strategies and ensures that validity is tested on a regular basis.
- Creates user interfaces and reports as necessary to access information from the databases.
- Provides database design consulting and advisory services to users and application support.
- Reviews, evaluates, and recommends new tools, technology, and products to enhance various database application components.
- Ensures that databases are developed in compliance with company architectural guidelines and standards and consistent with the System Development Life Cycle.
- Builds complex views, aggregation/indexing strategies, queries, and scripts to automate database functions and improve database performance.
- Assists in database capacity planning, including disk, CPU, memory, and network bandwidth requirements.
- Knowledgeable of C#, SSIS, stored procedures, and other applicable methods and languages to develop applications and interfaces to access database information.
- Assists application support staff in identifying and resolving application data issues.
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality.
- Responsible for maintaining a consistent, regular attendance record as outlined in the FireKeepers Casino Hotel Attendance Policy.
- Outstanding example of and a credit to FireKeepers Casino Hotel.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
An applicant’s education, training and experience must be sufficient to demonstrate that the applicant possesses the ability to successfully perform each of the essential duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. FireKeepers reserves the right to verify the sufficiency of a candidate’s education, training and competencies through the interview process, testing and methods.
The requirements listed below are generally representative of the education, experience, and skills and/or abilities required to enable one to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Sciences or Business Administration from a four-year college or university;Must be able to pass a Database Administrator aptitude test. Two years’ experience working with, and supporting SQL databases. Must possess superior computer skills, and be proficient in Visual Studio, SQL Server Management Studio, and SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio. Must be able to communicate with all members of the IT team in a professional, cordial manner, in order to successfully accomplish departmental and company goals. Must be well organized, with the ability to prioritize projects, meet deadlines, and keep IT team apprised of any issues that might affect deadlines. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
GENERAL OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
MSA or MBA from an accredited college or university. Experience with Oracle administration and support. Experience with web service and interface development. Must be at least 21 years of age.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reportsand correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimal, and work with mathematical such as probability and statistical inference.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, a Team Member is regularly required to talk or to hear. The Team Member is also regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls. A Team Member is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, and to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Work is performed throughout all areas of the facility where the noise level varies from quiet to loud depending upon business. Must be able to work in a smoke filled environment.
Indian preference will be applied in the selection of qualified applicants in accordance with the NHBP Indian Preference in Employment Code, which affords employment preferences to NHBP Tribal citizens, parents or spouses of NHBP citizens and other Native Americans. For purposes of this preference, NHBP law defines "Native American" as: (a) an enrolled member of any other federally-recognized Indian tribes; (b) an enrolled member of a Canadian Indian tribe or First Nation; or (c) an enrolled member of the Grand River Band of Ottawa Indians or the Burt Lake Band of Ottawa/Chippewa Indians.
FireKeepers Casino Hotel reserves the right to make changes to the above job description as necessary.
Employment Status: Full-time
Date Posted: 11/16/2018
Job Code: DatabaseDev
Location: FireKeepers Casino Hotel
Address: 11177 Michigan Ave
City: Battle Creek
Country: United States of America