Cosma International Verification Engineer in Auburn Hills, Michigan
This position is for Magna Electronics, Auburn Hills, MI. Magna Electronics provides leading technologies from autonomous driving, to secure connectivity to vehicle electrification. With our competitive position and our culture of innovation, we are transforming mobility.
The Verification Engineer is responsible for the system functional bench level test specification design, test execution, and test report for all assigned projects based on the system architecture, system requirements, and software requirements with in a Project.
- Develop test plan and test cases for bench tests
- Review and analyze product requirements to design and develop testing artifacts and provide input to product development teams on missing / deficient requirements
- Execute bench level testing and record results using various test systems as the product requires
- Perform data analysis on test results using various tools
- Enter defects into the defect tracking tool and support cross functional team with defect analysis and debug activities
- Develop and release all relevant verification engineering deliverables in compliance with Global Product Engineering Process (GPEP) and customer expectations.
- Perform complex work assignments requiring independent problem solving and decision making, requiring strong system knowledge and technical competency
- Work assignments primarily involve advanced level work and may mentor other verification engineer
- Develop project test schedule, timing plans, and use to track all bench testing deliverables for various projects
- Participates in continuous improvement efforts, researches, recommends and initiates implementation of enhancements to products, quality, processes and programs
- Performs other duties as necessary for completion of projects and achievement of departmental goals
- Support new project quotation and development activities as required
- Support the selection and design of testers, new software and test equipment
- Interface with cross functional engineering and manufacturing teams to ensure test requirements are specified and implemented correctly
- Design and Develop Controls Test System software (i.e. Plant Models, Loss Models, and Closed Loop Control Algorithms etc.) and HW components as required to safely test ECUs and systems in the Hardware-in-the-loop environment.
Knowledge and Education
Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in engineering or demonstrated equivalent skills
4-8 years experience regarding Responsibility / Main Activities (listed above) in serial development or comparable experience in automotive (mandatory); electronic (preferable) industry
Group: Magna Electronics
Division: Magna Electronics - Auburn Hills
City: Auburn Hills
Job Type: Regular