Continental Corporation Technical Project Lead Automated Driving in Auburn Hills, Michigan
About Continental With sales of €44 billion in 2017, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently employs more than 240,000 employees in 61 countries. The Chassis & Safety division develops and produces integrated active and passive driving safety technologies as well as products that support vehicle dynamics. The product portfolio ranges from electronic and hydraulic brake and chassis control systems to sensors, advanced driver assistance systems, airbag electronics and sensorics as well as electronic air suspension systems all the way to windscreen washer systems and headlight cleaning nozzles. The focus lies on a high level of system competence and the networking of individual components. Thus products and system functions are developed along the SensePlanAct chain of effects. They form the foundation for automated driving. Chassis & Safety employs more than 47,700 people worldwide and generated sales of approximately €9.8 billion in 2017.
Auto req ID 94339BR
Job Title Technical Project Lead Automated Driving
Country United States
Posting Location Auburn Hills, MI
At Continental Division Chassis & Safety, the Systems & Technology group is responsible for developing technology for the next generation of vehicles that will enable us to have a safe, clean and comfortable driving environment. We are a small and agile team of developers driven by our love for technology. Changing the world one car at a time is our passion.
You will be the technical interface to internal and external customers responsible for leading the design and development of the project and ensuring an on time, on specification, on budget and on cost delivery. In this role you will be steering the development team in developing a next-generation vehicle chassis and simulation platform. As the technical project lead you will have the opportunity to present the developed concepts to investors, media representatives and your peers.
• Set up project and ensure team is filled with necessary disciplines and resources
• Guide the technical direction of an interdisciplinary team
• Create a project milestone plan and ensure Agile / SCRUM methodology is followed
• Plan and execute technology demonstrator is built and functioning
• Regularly manage the ePSR (electronic Project Status Reporting)
• Ensure project deliverables and milestones are met on time and within budget
• Set priorities accordingly and escalate when necessary to management team
• Manage suppliers (internal and external) and ensure project milestones are met and meet requirements
• Manage the technical communication of Project status internally and externally
• Plan and deliver a concept release (G10) with all necessary work products
• Mentor new team members
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Economics or Business Administration
• At least 5 years experience in engineering (preferred 7 plus years)
• Project Management experience in an innovation and start-up environment with a fail-fast mindset
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong stakeholder management
• Entrepreneurial thinker with excellent skills in steering and motivating a team
• 7 plus years of experience in automotive engineering
• Experience in managing the development of ADAS products
• Experience in vehicle brake systems and further safety-relevant chassis components like e.g. steering systems
• Experience in Simulation Concepts (HIL, SIL, …)
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to North.America.Recruiting@continental-corporation.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.209.4000.
Division Footer Text Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.