Aerotek Systems Engineer in AUBURN HILLS, Michigan
Have a strong emphasis on systems, software, hardware, and services that will help create the experiences and features of the future both inside the vehicle and in the cloud and on apps. This role will be deeply involved with enabling innovative new development and processes in the approach and execution of highly technical systems and components for our customers. The ideal candidate brings experience and creativity to find efficient and effective solutions to the challenges that we face.
• Support requirements elicitation, management, development, and analysis while moving from OEM documentation to the development of internal requirements documents used by HW and SW teams
• Support the increasingly complex Inverter development, ECU Software Systems development Motor control system development and Verification of such systems.
• System Design Development and robustness engineering, which includes Architecture development, Functional Safety (ISO 26262) and DFMEA work products.
• Use of DOORS and DOORS Next Generation for the development and administration of requirements including traceability, analysis, and change management.
• Specifications Development (part feature), Test methods, Testing in HIL/SIL and vehicle using Experience with Industry standard Tools such as ATI and CANalyzer.
• Lead issue management for responsible area (including Jira)
• System Level Requirements Lead
• Core Feature Requirements and Specification Documents
• Functional Safety deliverables Lead
• Lead DVM/ DVP and populate in magicdraw, Sysml
Top Skills Details (Must Have):
3+ year of requirements development/systems engineering
ECU Software Systems development OR Motor control system development
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Bachelor of Science degree (Master's degree preferred)
• 6+ years of relevant industry experience
• 3+ year of requirements development/systems engineering experience preferred Qualifications:
• Extensive hands-on experience with systems/hardware/software/product development includes MATLAB/SIMULINK experience
• Understanding of Power Electronics, conventional powertrain, EV/hybrid, and ADAS/AD technologies and systems
• Extensive hands-on experience with IBM DOORS
• Skilled in magicdraw, SysML-based tools desired
• Ability to handle tasks with significant complexity under minimal supervision requiring a high degree of technical competence, precision, and attention to detail
• Ability to write high-level requirements based on lower-level sub-function algorithms and behaviors
• Experience with many different Systems Engineering tasks such as requirements development, requirements analysis, test case development, architecture and system definition
• Ability to interact dynamically with cross-functional global teams to perform systems engineering tasks as assigned
• Ability to suggest or recommend streamlined approaches to perform activities related to systems engineering
• Experience in DFMEAs, FTAs, ISO 26262, and Agile SCRUM methodologies Ability to write high-level requirements based on lower-level sub-function algorithms and behaviors
• Ability to adopt customer standards and comply with Systems Engineering best practices
• Ability to operate within an agile process to successfully meet customer milestones
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Aerotek Jobs