Penske Supply Chain Analyst (Procurement) in Auburn Hills, Michigan
A Supply Chain Analyst will maintain solutions as it relates to the customer agreement and may recommend and implement changes to improve efficiency, provide cost savings or reduce support. Position will require customer interactions and be capable of representing Penske in customer meetings. A Penske Supply Chain Analyst will work collectively between Operations, Engineering and Technology to support logistics solutions and strategic cost savings opportunities. The Supply Chain Analyst is responsible for managing Transportation Management business processes including shipment route plan optimization and execution to ensure that Penske’s solutions are meeting customer requirements.
Procurement support for the carrier network (multiple modes)
Outbound finished vehicle network understanding
Analyzes route structure, rates, historical activity, and network trends in order to provide recommendations for improvements to cost efficiency and solution effectiveness
Support the design and implementation of a developed supply chain solution
Identify cost savings opportunities for the customer
Handle reoccurring analysis and tasks driving continuous cost savings initiatives
Examine current processes and implement or recommend improvements to drive out waste
Proactively monitor and manage key performance indicators and execute root cause analysis utilizing TM operating systems
Interact with customers in resolving problems and coordinating implementations
Develop and distribute weekly customer metrics and develop customer performance reports
Meet customer deadlines and develop metrics dashboards that highlight customer specific analytics
Develop and assist with presenting customer analytics, key trends and solution proposals during customer QBR's
Applies network changes and synchronizes execution with TM system
Maps and documents standard operating processes
Applies tactical processes daily within the established business rules.
Use discretion and independent judgment to answer customer requests and propose solutions
Follow processes that are set by engineering and help implement any process changes and transportation design changes
Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
• High School Diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor's degree preferred
• 1 year of inventory/auditing/transportation experience preferred
• Fundamental understanding of transportation, supply chain and logistics
• Ability to learn and operate various inventory and transportation management systems, in addition to extension applications.
• Outbound Finished Vehicle Network understanding
• Prior Procurement Experience
• Ability to follow processes and procedures
• Data Analysis skills required
• Strong problem solving and time management skills required
• Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work independently and multi task required
• Ability to follows process and standard procedures
• Experience analyzing large sets of data preferred
• Advanced computer skills including Excel and Outlook required
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the hours necessary to accomplish the job duties, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Work Locations: 800 Chrysler Dr Auburn Hills, MI 48326
Primary Location: United States-Michigan-Auburn Hills
Job: Logistics/Supply Chain
Penske (Oracle) Job Name: Logistics/Supply Chain
Req ID: 2100207
- Penske Jobs