Continental Corporation Software Test and Tools Engineer in Auburn Hills, Michigan
About Continental With sales of €40.5 billion in 2016, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently employs more than 230,000 employees in 56 countries. The Chassis & Safety division develops and produces integrated active and passive driving safety technologies as well as products that support vehicle dynamics. The product portfolio ranges from electronic and hydraulic brake and chassis control systems to sensors, advanced driver assistance systems, airbag electronics and sensorics as well as electronic air suspension systems all the way to windscreen washer systems and headlight cleaning nozzles. The focus lies on a high level of system competence and the networking of individual components. Thus products and system functions are developed along the SensePlanAct chain of effects. They form the foundation for automated driving. Chassis & Safety employs more than 43,000 people worldwide and generated sales of approximately €9.0 billion in 2016.
Auto req ID 90158BR
Job Title Software Test and Tools Engineer
Country United States
Posting Location Auburn Hills, MI
CNXMotion, LLC is looking for a Software Test and Tooling Engineer to support activities at our new facility in Grand Blanc, Michigan. The research and development facility is staffed with creative engineers and we take pride in our start-up culture in the automotive industry. Engineers are tasked with creating new solutions with documented development for use in advancing steering and brake products for Nexteer and Continental.
• Software integration: Capable of performing SW modules/sub modules integration, maintenance of SW configuration management, Perform SW tests according to SW test specification.
• Assist in analyzing embedded software algorithm’s performance issues and recommend improvements to the algorithm or calibrations.
• Develop and Modify testing concepts (HiL) with the support of the development team including test scripts to increase automation.
• Execute both manual and automated test cases.
• Provide support to vehicle development teams for identification of root cause for issues and corrective action plans (HIL, Vehicle).
• Debug, analyze, and problem solve diagnostic and functional implementation failures of the system.
• Develop and maintain tools for vehicle and testing environments, including test software.
● 3+ years of automotive Engineering experience.
● Experienced with automated test equipment and its use (measurement techniques, digital I/O, etc.)
● Familiarity with automotive communication protocols (CAN, CAN FD, FlexRay).
● Experience with instrumentation and measurement equipment (e.g. Multimeter, Spectrum Analyzer).
● Knowledge of Software test techniques.
● Expertise in Vector based analysis and development tools, debugging tools (CANalyzer, CANape, JTAG etc.)
● Proficient with Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio).
● Excellent communication skills and a desire to work with people in a collaborative environment.
● Experience running software verifications to requirements (SiL, PiL, HiL), including debugging and problem resolution.
● Good scripting skills in at least one common language (e.g. Python, Perl, Shell).
● Familiarity with automotive cyber security methodologies.
● Experience creating code for embedded systems/control modules/microcontrollers.
● Experience with software configuration management systems (i.e. Synergy), requirements management tools (i.e. MKS), and traceability to test.
This position is located in Grand Blanc, MI. Approximately 25 miles north of Auburn Hills.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to North.America.Recruiting@continental-corporation.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.209.4000.
Division Footer Text Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.