Cosma International Senior Hardware Engineer in Auburn Hills, Michigan
This position is for Magna Electronics, Auburn Hills, MI. Magna Electronics provides leading technologies from autonomous driving, to secure connectivity to vehicle electrification. With our competitive position and our culture of innovation, we are transforming mobility.
- Development of core and/or application specific electrical requirements for automotive electronics.
- Develop electrical hardware in compliance with Global Product Engineering Process (GPEP).
- Verify electrical requirements at component and bench level testing.
- Support rest of the functional disciplines with all aspects related to electrical hardware.
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts. Researches, recommends, and implements new and/or existing products, processes, materials and equipment.
- Engages in comparative and competitive analysis to ensure utilization of most appropriate and beneficial techniques in a situation respectively.
- Ensure competitive technical proposal, engineering estimate and technical review material are provided per pursuit targets and agreed upon timing in support of the sales target.
- Benchmark competitor’s solutions and determine best ways to improve or surpass the competition.
- Support customer meetings as the technical subject matter expert for a specific product or discipline
- Electrical Engineer (Design)
- Requirements development and analysis, electrical architecture development, component research and circuit design.
- In depth analysis, simulation, development of design documentation (ME/EE interface, HSIS, WCCA, DFMEA, Schematic)
- Optimization of design for cost, manufacturability, testability and quality. Electrical Engineer (Test)
- Responsible for creating electrical test plan and electrical test specification.
- Include requirements testing, circuit verification, bench and lab testing.
- Track the progress and communicate to the lead electrical engineer on the project.
- Perform electrical test, create test reports and initiate defect records for each electrical hardware release.
- Electrical Engineer (Project Lead)
- Main customer interface for all electrical hardware related activities including customer design reviews, clarify and negotiate customer requirements for the project.
- Lead the planning, scheduling, monitoring and reporting of all electrical related activities for various projects.
- Complete electrical design, test and functional safety activities as needed.
- Electrical Engineer (Functional Safety)
- Define, analyze, and implement functional safety related electrical hardware requirements.
Knowledge and Education
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering/ Power Electronics Engineering or equivalent (Master’s preferred)
8+ years’ relevant experience regarding the responsibility / activities (listed above) in serial development. Automotive electronic (mandatory).
Group: Magna Electronics
Division: Magna Electronics - Auburn Hills
City: Auburn Hills
Job Type: Regular