Continental Reliability Technician - QA Labs in Auburn Hills, Michigan
Reliability Technician - QA Labs
Auburn Hills, MI
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
Product Test and Design:
• Conduct environmental and mechanical tests according to approved test plans, collect evidence of tests, and analyze data to report nonconformances as needed while working with the Life Test and Validation Engineering teams.
• Develop a comprehensive understanding of international and OEM standards and requirements.
• Translate Test plan requirements, when required, into test setup requirements while adhering to OEM and international standards for test.
• Ensure that qualification tests are configured and performed in accordance with applicable requirement specifications.
• Work with the project teams in order to address issues at all stages of testing.
• Document all device performance observations before, during, and after testing, as required.
• Determine root cause for anomalies to discern between test setup related issues and product design related non-conformances.
• Objectively evaluate non-conformances and collect evidence so that the anomaly can be accurately articulated to the project teams.
• Document lessons learned from testing and developing, to share best practices and prevent recurrence.
• Perform self-evaluations of skills and keep current with technology, for continuous growth.
• Ensure testing is performed to the highest standard using calibrated instruments to maintain A2LA/ISO17025 certification.
• Support department and corporate objectives and processes, such as continuous improvement, 5s, logistics, schedule tracking, incident reporting, and meeting deadlines.
• Responsible for the professionalism and courtesy in the test lab when supporting the needs of testing for the product teams.
• Responsible for impartiality in testing and reporting.
• Responsible for timely, accurate and precise reporting of the data to the design teams.
• Associates degree in engineering or equivalent training/experience.
• Vibration testing experience utilizing UD electro dynamic shakers/amplifiers in line with Vibration Research hardware and software.
• Environmental testing experience utilizing Thermotron environmental chambers in line with with the Thermotron 8800 controller.
• Experience using accelerometers, thermocouples, and humidity sensors.
• Must have good oral and written communications skills.
• Proficient multitasking between multiple complex projects.
• Proficient in the use of MS Office software applications (Word & Excel).
• Basic experience with DMMs, Power Supplies, data collection devices.
• Experience troubleshooting vibration test equipment.
• Experience with IP testing (dust and water intrusion) and salt fog/spray testing
• Product experience in automotive testing and/or test equipment.
• Bachelor of science degree in an engineering field.
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Vitesco Technologies is a leading international developer and manufacturer of state-of-the-art powertrain technologies for sustainable mobility. With smart system solutions and components for electric, hybrid and internal combustion vehicles, Vitesco Technologies makes mobility clean, efficient and affordable. The product range includes electric drives, electronic control units, sensors and actuators, and exhaust-gas aftertreatment solutions. In 2019, Vitesco Technologies, a Continental business area, recorded sales of EUR 7.8 billion and employs almost 40,000 people at around 50 locations worldwide. Vitesco Technologies is headquartered in Regensburg, Germany.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.209.7425. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.