Continental Corporation Project Manager in Auburn Hills, Michigan
Auburn Hills, MI
Continental Engineering Services (CES) is seeking a Project Manager to acquire and lead engineering projects.
• Lead embedded system quotation and development projects which are composed of: Software, Mechanics, assembly and quality specialists to automotive development standards
• Conduct national/international customer presentations and technical customer negotiations
• Plan, steer and oversee projects. Tasks include:
• Appointment planning, resource planning, budget planning, communication with the project team and customer relationship management.
• Ensure successful achievement of milestones and project goals (both technical and business)
• Risk management and report generation
• Project budget controlling
• Analyze, estimate and then quote new requirements both internally originated or from the customer
• Annual goals are defined between the employee and the company and agreed upon. Then progress is monitored throughout the year.
• Guiding and instructing employees regarding the tasks to be performed.
• Managing the quotation team which consists of: Hardware, Software, Mechanic, Assembly and Quality specialists during the quotation phase.
• Preparation of the quotation documents with the quotation team
• Concept definition and quote optimization with the customer and the quote team.
• Coordination and preparation of bill of materials, R&D estimations, qualification costs, production costs, production and investment costs for tooling, jointly with the quotation team
• Project Management, Project Planning, Project Guidance and Project Support.
• Technical management of employees
• Risk Management
• Project development to automotive standards
• Software tool experience: MS Office Tools, MS Project, SAP
• Language skills: Fluent English necessary. German, French, Spanish beneficial
• Planning and organizational skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Show initiative
• Customer focused
• Fast learner
• Strong analytical skills
• Ability to motivate others
• Willingness to travel
• Excellent presentation skills
• Bachelors of Science of Electronics, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering or similar technical discipline.
• 3+ years of automotive engineering development experience.
• You have completed at least one complete automotive product development cycle
• Experience in automotive electronic products
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
With sales of €40.5 billion in 2016, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently employs more than 230.000 employees in 56 countries. Continental Engineering Services (CES) is a subsidiary of Continental AG. With more than 1,500 engineers and specialists, we design and manufacture complex high technology mechatronic products and systems for small series and niche applications at 15 locations around the world. Depending on our customer needs, we can either develop bespoke products from initial concepts, or we have the unique opportunity to access and modify the proven large-scale production technology of Continental AG for individual solutions. Manufacturers of sports cars and special-purpose vehicles as well as a variety of industrial customers are among those who benefit from our services. We work in the areas of Chassis & Safety Control, Interior Electronic Functions, Vehicle Electrification, and Engine & Transmission Management. Are you ready for an exciting future? Apply now!
Chassis and Safety
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to North.America.Recruiting@continental-corporation.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.209.4000.