Cosma International Program Manager in Auburn Hills, Michigan
This position is for Magna Electronics, Auburn Hills, MI. Magna Electronics provides leading technologies from autonomous driving, to secure connectivity to vehicle electrification. With our competitive position and our culture of innovation, we are transforming mobility.
The role of the Program Manager provides expert technical leadership in coordinating, facilitating, motivating, and directing efforts of cross-functional program teams and ensures efficient use of team resources. Develops and gains support for program objectives. Documents and monitors program objectives and ensures countermeasures are initiated to correct unfavorable variances. Works with internal and external resources to maintain strong customer relationships with dedication to customer program schedules. Ensures customer and Company requirements are met including cost, quality, timing, and other related aspects of programs. Participates in continuous improvement efforts. Researches, recommends, and initiates implementation of enhancements to products, processes and programs. Performs other duties as necessary and supervises and/or provides work direction to other staff.
Work is performed under minimal supervision and work direction. Functioning as a highly competent professional, work requires independent problem solving and decision making with broad guidance provided on overall program objectives and specific guidance on program complexities. Work is complex, broad, difficult in character, and requires responsibility for all aspects of assigned. Decisions involve substantial risk to the organization with potential for long-lasting results. Responsible for all aspects of assigned programs.
- Ensure appropriate planning for all programs to confirm that product development is consistent with established program objectives and company requirements.
- Content: Consistent with program objectives
- Cost: Maintained within program targets
- Weight: Maintained within program targets
- Tooling: Maintained within program targets
- Design: Maintained within program targets
- Quality: Program Objectives met
Supplier Base: Establish base to meet program requirements
Program Readiness: Meet all targeted timing and production scheduling
Provides expert leadership in coordinating, facilitating, motivating, and directing program management efforts within the company
- Establishes and communicates the Corporate & Division deliverable requirements with respect to timing, quality and completeness
- Monitors and tracks progress for all programs
- Leads regular reviews with executive management
- Direct oversight of Program Management team
- Facilities executive-level interaction with Customer and serves as the first tier for escalation of internal and customer issues
- Ensures efficient use and allocation of program management resources
- Works with internal and external resources to maintain strong customer relationships with dedication to customer program schedules
- Develop and refine program management tools to further improve the product development process
- Report on group KPI to senior management and the broader organization
- Direct the efforts of product steering committees, ensuring adherence to the product development process for all program and project managers
- Develop and manage to budgets as they pertain to program management activities within the organization
- Strong organizational, project management and leadership skills to prioritize and coordinate the efforts of the program management team
- Leadership abilities in managing multiple program managers to meet group goals (i.e. successful program launch)
- Develop long-term organizational strategies/plans to meet future business needs and growth opportunities
- Review and oversight of division financials
- Mentoring of Program Management team members
- Performs other duties as necessary in support of business objectives. Ensures that facilities are in full compliance with all safety regulations.
- Maintains regular attendance.
- Follows safe work procedures; Uses appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE); Uses workplace tools and equipment as instructed; Reports workplace hazards, injuries and illness as soon as possible following event.
Complies with the requirements of Quality Operating System (QOS)
Knowledge and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in technical engineering field
- 5+ years related experience in program management with prior project team management responsibility; exposure to both product engineering and manufacturing operations; Work history should demonstrate problem solving and business decision making ability
Must have experience working with Ford.
Skills and Competencies
Deep and comprehensive knowledge of product development practices in the automotive field.
- Knowledge of the application and delivery of advanced electronic systems into the automotive industry.
- Must be able to show evidence of expert problem solving skills as well as keen analytical abilities in a teamwork setting.
- Must be able to show evidence of expert knowledge in risk management.
- Comprehensive working knowledge of the Product Development Life Cycle (PDLC).
- Willingness to perform "hands-on" work.
Group: Magna Electronics
Division: Magna Electronics - Auburn Hills
City: Auburn Hills
Job Type: Regular