Continental Corporation Powertrain Software Engineer in Auburn Hills, Michigan
Powertrain Software Engineer
Auburn Hills, MI
Continental Automotive Systems is seeking an experienced Software Engineer to join the Engine System’s Basic Software group in Auburn Hills, MI. You will be part of our global, diverse team that is responsible for developing complex real-time basic software solutions for our powertrain control applications.
• Low-level device driver programming and development
• Support analysis of stakeholder requests and develop requirements for Basic software
• Design and develop Basic software components for various features and functions of real time Powertrain control applications
• Define microcontroller resource assignment as per basic software components and project requirements.
• Propose and plan basic software (BSW) change requests for all Vcycles of customer projects
• Configure, integrate, test and maintain Basic software for customer projects as per the established procedure
• Participate actively in project technical synchronization board meetings
• Participate actively in all required software reviews
• Estimate project tasks and track planned and actual estimations.
• Define and execute overall and final testing of IO Software for the projects.
• Solve urgent and complex problems and evaluate alternatives.
• Contribute to the continuous improvement of BSW quality by defining and implementing best practices
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science/Engineering
• 0 to 2+ years of automotive powertrain embedded software development
• Experience with programming microcontrollers and its peripherals in C and assembly
• Experience working with real time safety critical embedded controls systems
• Ability to systematically solve problems and perform root cause analysis with limited supervision
• Ability to prioritize issues and drive projects forward in complex/ambiguous situations
• Capability to work in target oriented and commitment driven environments
• Fluency in spoken and written English is mandatory
• Masters Degree in engineering
• 2+ years experience with Multicore Microcontrollers and GTM
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience with hardware (HW) and HW schematics
• Demonstrated proficiency using testing tools like simulators, debuggers, logic analyzers/Oscilloscope
• Knowledge of Automotive SPICE
• Microsoft office tools and automation scripts i.e. python, Java, Visual Basic, Perl
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
The Powertrain division develops and produces efficient system solutions for vehicle powertrains to optimize fuel consumption. The comprehensive range of products includes gasoline and diesel injection systems, engine management and transmission control, including sensors and actuators, exhaust-gas after -treatment technologies, fuel supply systems, and components and systems for hybrid and electric drives. Powertrain employs more than 40,490 people worldwide and, in 2017, recorded sales of about €7.7 billion.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to North.America.Recruiting@continental-corporation.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.209.4000.