Continental Corporation Hybrid and Electric Powertrain Controls Software Engineer in Auburn Hills, Michigan
Hybrid and Electric Powertrain Controls Software Engineer
Auburn Hills, MI
• Lead regional technical discussions and business opportunities in the area of Electrification
• Support the customer as a positive and technically competent primary contact to identify the right solutions
• Lead capture and interpret customer requirements/expectations to control requirements
• Develop innovative solutions to real-world problems
• Identify feature improvements and product optimization
• Core power system and control modeling using Simulink/Matlab environments
• Lead customer discussions to form, or refine, customer requirement specification documents for defining project planning and scheduling.
• This may involve feasibility and conceptual studies, system modeling and simulation and, where appropriate, advising the customer using previous experience
• Plan, support and review testing of new software, calibrations, and algorithms. This will include bench testing, dyno and invehicle tests including regional trips
• Calibration of system functions to comply with project requirements including legislative, emissions and customer targets.
• Complete signoff procedures for vehicle algorithms, calibrations, and final product testing. Undertake system and vehicle development and problem-solving within tight timescales
• Assist customer representatives in the understanding of algorithm and powertrain features and providing support and documentation as required
• Encompass all aspects of system modeling, from requirements capture and interpretation, through to experimental validation using bespoke test equipment and dynamometer facilities
• Lead prototype testing and verification, working together with colleagues from teams in different international locations
• In-depth practical understanding of classical control theory, both in the analog and digital domains
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• A leader and team player with the additional ability to work alone unsupervised
• Highly motivated and capable of working on concurrent activities
• Bachelors of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline
• 5+ years of engineering experience within servo/electrical/hybrid powertrain controls
• 3+ years of engineering experience with electric drivetrains
• Understanding of modern digital control theory, algorithms, techniques and practical limitations control design and filtering techniques
• 5+ years of engineering experience within high performance electric drivetrains, typical energy storage mechanisms, and multiple drive torque sources
• Experience of modeling motion control and electrical traction systems in the Mathworks environment, including energy storage, power electronics, permanent magnet synchronous and asynchronous electric machines and their associated control mechanisms
• Training in high voltage systems
• Knowledge of formal test environments and version control systems
• Hands on experience of developing control algorithms for automotive applications
• Knowledge or familiarity of, Software Ccode, MATLAB, CAN and flexray communication protocols and tool chain.
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
With sales of €44 billion in 2017, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently employs more than 240,000 employees in 61 countries. The Chassis & Safety division develops and produces integrated active and passive driving safety technologies as well as products that support vehicle dynamics. The product portfolio ranges from electronic and hydraulic brake and chassis control systems to sensors, advanced driver assistance systems, airbag electronics and sensorics as well as electronic air suspension systems all the way to windscreen washer systems and headlight cleaning nozzles. The focus lies on a high level of system competence and the networking of individual components. Thus products and system functions are developed along the SensePlanAct chain of effects. They form the foundation for automated driving. Chassis & Safety employs more than 47,700 people worldwide and generated sales of approximately €9.8 billion in 2017.
Chassis and Safety
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to North.America.Recruiting@continental-corporation.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.209.4000.