PDS Tech Inc Data Technician in Auburn Hills, Michigan
PDS Tech Inc., is seeking a Data Technician in Auburn Hills, MI
The Test and Validation Department of the ADAS Business Unit NAFTA conducts system level testing of radar and camera sensors in support of product development for North American OEM projects. This includes meeting OEM Customer performance requirements which are verified through on-road vehicle level (L1) data collection and Bench level (L2) verification testing and comparing this performance against defined Customer requirements.
• Safely drive the Client's vehicles, routinely along a well defined and documented route.
• Support the Vehicle Test Engineering team by capturing accurate vehicle data during specific vehicle maneuvers needed to support ADAS feature development.
• Capture test data during specific vehicle maneuvers and verify system performance against requirements.
• Provide a written summary to include the vehicle driven, number miles driven, hours driven, and project number supported at a minimum for each test drive.
• Support the Vehicle Test Technician team with vehicle builds involving the installation of ADAS sensors and data acquisition systems.
• Build and install wire harnesses assemblies to support vehicle builds.
• He/she will report to and receive daily guidance and work packages from the ADAS Supervisors and their staff.
• Two year Associates degree in a technical (preferably automotive) related field.
• 2+ years experience with vehicle level testing.
• Excellent organizational, verbal and written communications skills. The candidate must be able to clearly and effectively communicate in English
• Computer proficiency with basic computer programs including the Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
• Valid driver’s license with clean driving record and motorcycle endorsement.
• Minimum 2+ years motorcycle driving experience.
• Truck / Trailer towing experience - Ability to safely operate cars and Light/Heavy duty trucks .
• Able to drive a manual transmission.
• Must be able to demonstrate the necessary driving skills to become certified to drive on the Client's or Customer proving grounds
• Ability to read/understand electrical schematics
• Familiar with automotive hardware, such as switches, relays, power distribution, etc.
• Proficient with common hand tools, soldering equipment, and multimeters.
• Familiarity with new vehicle technology including Navigation systems, blind spot detection, active cruise control, lane departure warning, automated high beam assist, blue tooth, etc.
• Well motivated, self starter, high integrity and team player.
• Able to work in a team environment, flexible, and able to multitask to meet project timing (time management skills)
• Must be able to lift 25 pounds.
Preferred Qualifications & Competencies:
• Knowledge of automotive on board test instrumentation.
• Previous experience with ADAS components
• Understanding of vehicle CAN communication
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
PDS Tech Inc
- PDS Tech Inc Jobs