DuPont Controls Specialist in Auburn Hills, Michigan
Controls Specialist (Job Number: 211622W-01)
Transportation & Industrials (T&I) is currently seeking an Internal Controls Specialist for its Sales & Revenues and Supply Chain operations. The Internal Controls Specialist role is responsible for conducting monthly audits, control monitoring, generating reports out of SAP-P23/P80 and DSR, and reporting information to ensure the global sales operations, pricing & rebates functions are operating within the Corporate Internal Controls and Compliance guidelines. This position will interact with Sales Operations, Finance, Controllership and Internal & External Auditors. She/he will report to the Global Commercial Processes & Compliance Manager.
• Define T&I’s compliance control mechanism to ensure internal and external compliance requirements to be met
• Manage the day-to-day collection of Sales & Revenues information that supports auditing requirements of the Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) and internal auditing controls.
• Create and run SOX control and SOD reports from SAP- P23 & P80 for monthly auditing requirements and share with appropriate control owners
• Follow-up with control owners to ensure timely and complete compliance and related documentation
• Networks with appropriate Sales Operations personnel and Finance to promote internal controls and compliance awareness.
• Audit the month-end process, which aims to have all orders shipped and invoiced by month-end to support revenue recognition.
• Review data and upload documentation for monthly PWC auditor requests into their Connect Portal.
• Analyze data to identify opportunities for control/process improvements & harmonization and drive to implementation
• Support the execution of internal and external audits; support the development and lead the execution of control remediation items
• Establish and test Global Work Roles to maintain SOX compliance and end user access with appropriate privileges within SAP- collaborate with DuPont corporate for the revision / establishment of Global Work Roles
• Mitigate SOD conflict risks by implementing relevant controls for users within T&I, when new EDI connections are established
• Managing for Productivity: Self-managed professional with technical systems experience, and who must possess strong organizational skills to provide accurate follow-up through completion of multiple concurrent tasks. Ability to lead and prioritize multiple projects at a time while meeting deadlines and operating in a very time constrained environment.
• Problem Solving: Strong analytical skills are required to engage and resolve detailed issues; must possess the ability to translate needs into a workable implementation plan.
• Teamwork and Collaboration: Ability to network and be a strong team player. Work well in a team setting, embrace others’ differences and constructive feedback
• Proactive and solution oriented: Decision making capability by relating and comparing; securing relevant information and identifying key issues; committing to an action after developing alternative courses of actions
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Marketing or Business preferred
• Prior experience in Customer Service, Pricing and/or Commercial Processes preferred
• Working knowledge of SAP preferred
• Strong knowledge of SOX controls standards and compliance requirements
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and SharePoint)
Primary Location: NA-United States-Michigan-Auburn Hills
Organization: Transportation & Industrial
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Employee Status: Regular
Job Type: Experienced
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit our Accessibility Page for Contact Information. For US Applicants: See the “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law” poster.
- DuPont Jobs