PDS Tech Inc Bench Technician in Auburn Hills, Michigan
PDS Tech Inc., is seeking a Bench Technician in Auburn Hills, MI
Job Description: Bench Technician I
The Test and Validation Department of the ADAS Business Unit NAFTA conducts system level testing of radar and camera sensors in support of product development for North American OEM projects. This includes meeting OEM Customer performance requirements which are verified through on-road vehicle level (L1) data collection and Bench level (L2) verification testing and comparing this performance against defined Customer requirements.
• Building wire harnesses and test boxes for bench test systems and vehicle builds.
• Fabricate brackets to mount ADAS sensors to vehicles.
• Fabricate brackets to mount data acquisition systems and/or ground truth reference systems in vehicles.
• Perform functional bench tests of ADAS products and data acquisition systems.
• He/she will report to and receive training, daily guidance and work packages from the ADAS Supervisors and their staff. Additional support and guidance will be provided by the Contract Company’s Team leader.
• Associates degree in a technical field (preferably automotive).
• 2+ years experience in an electrical/electronics test lab environment.
• Excellent organizational, verbal and written communications skills. The candidate must be able to clearly and effectively communicate in English.
• Computer proficiency with basic computer programs including the Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
• Ability to read/understand electrical schematics.
• Familiar with automotive hardware, such as switches, relays, power distribution, etc.
• Proficient with common hand tools, power tools, soldering equipment, and multimeters.
• Posses the mechanical ability to build and de-bug wire harnesses and break-out boxes.
• Well motivated, self starter, high integrity and team player.
• Able to work in a team environment, flexible, and able to multitask to meet project timing (time management skills)
• Valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
• Must be able to lift 25 pounds.
• Logical problem solver with good attention to detail.
• 3+ years experience in automotive component testing.
• Component Data analysis post processing; compiling and analysis of test results.
• ADAS component and feature knowledge.
• Computerized data logging systems experience.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
PDS Tech Inc
- PDS Tech Inc Jobs