Styron Application Development Engineer - Automotive in Auburn Hills, Michigan
Application Development Engineer- Automotive
The Application Development Engineerwillidentify and analyze the needs of the assigned Automotive OEM related to the development of thermoplastic applications on new vehicles, and manage solutions by positioning Trinseo’s existing and future offering.
The Application Development Engineer (ADE) prioritizes and leads the application development projects from the advanced development (ideation) to its implementation (Start-Of-Production) in order to create a sustained and profitable pipeline of business for Trinseo.
Account responsibilities: Primary focus on NA OEM’s but not exclusively. The position will be based in Auburn Hills, MI.
- Develop and build close relationship with the various actors and departments impacting material choice within the Automotive OEM: internal and external customers, influencers, decision makers and sponsors in design and material engineering, advanced development, innovation, project management.
- Develop and maintain market intelligence: assess, understand and proactively analyze the market trends, customer’s organization and strategy, current and future customer needs and competitor activities. Monitor and report the details of relevant plastics applications for future vehicles: technology, products, development partners & molders...
- Share and use the above knowledge to update the OEM Account plan (strategic and tactical plan) together with the responsible sales and TS&D; responsible persons.
- Define annual, value-creating goals consistent with business and account strategy. Monitor, track and report progress of agreed indicators vs. plan every second month.
- Identify, prioritize and organize the key projects for Trinseo: project planning including goals, milestones, network map to offer appropriate solution to the OEM and at the Tiers. Initiate request for product or technology development as needed.
- Act as project leader from the project selection to the Start-of-Production. Work closely with TS&D;, AEDC (Application engineering Development Center) and sales to ensure successful product trials, validation and nomination for the prioritized applications.
- Ensure smooth transition to Sales team of the business initiatives after Start-of-Production. The cooperation with the responsible account managers is mandatory and essential for proper value proposition.
- Works closely together with teams dealing with the same OEM in other geographic regions
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Market/customer orientation
- Reliability, self-initiative
- Action-, result and value-orientation
- Ability to think and act in a strategic and tactical way. Gathers input and gains consensus when taking actions and making decisions. Critical thinking, but open and constructive behavior.
- Ability to work in international team. Ability to work in a “small” remote team.
- Interpersonal effectiveness (incl. organization skills) & good life balance (work, family, private garden, social activities) to withstand pressure and focus on the essential prioritized activities
- Project and informal team management : ability to efficiently get and use the support of TS&D;, Engineering and Sales team
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Engineering degree for material or applied science, ideally in the area of engineering plastics
- 10 to 15 years of experience in the following areas:
Engineering Plastics Market
Project Management / business development/application development
Location: US-MI, Auburn Hills