ProQuest Software Engineer Senior in Ann Arbor, Michigan
Software Engineer Senior
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Requisition Number: 2944
# of Openings: 1
Featured Careers Category: Technology
Senior Software Engineer
What will I be doing?
As Senior Software Engineer reporting to Manager of Technology, you will be a part of the development team supporting our k-12 products at https://www.proquest.com/libraries/schools/ including e-Library, Genealogy at https://www.proquest.com/libraries/public/genealogy/ , and CultureGrams at https://www.proquest.com/products-services/culturegrams.html . This small team of about 5 engineers plays an instrumental role in design, development and support.
If you’re a talented Software Engineer and you enjoy working in a fun environment with great work/life balance, keep reading!
In this position, you will also...
• Design and Implement software for specifications for medium to high complexity for large-scale systems.
• Write unit tests and integration tests for all assigned applications.
• Participate as a team member and lead small projects.
• Implement design changes to improve quality, performance, cost reduction, and standardization through analysis of designs and problem solving techniques.
• Respond to direct or indirect customer inquiries regarding function and design and attends customer meetings.
• Suggest alternative methodologies or techniques to achieving desired results.
• Maintain understanding of products, manufacturing processes, and product applications. Local expert in assigned project.
• Write application technical documentation.
• Review and revise new procedures as needed for the continuing development of high quality systems.
• Provide technical training to other team members.
• Maintain knowledge of technical advances and evaluate new hardware/software for company use.
Three Reasons you should apply...
You’re excited by a fast-paced, production environment that allows for creative problem solving.
You’re naturally curious and have a compulsion to get to the root of a problem.
You enjoy learning and applying new technologies, taking ownership and making meaningful contributions.
This job may not be a fit if...
You’re a lone-wolf, a rebel without a cause, a lone-soldier… you get the idea!
You prefer a predictable, set schedule to dictate your weekly workload.
You prefer to code in a box and you don’t enable others through collaboration and engagement.
Qualified Candidates must have…
• Bachelors’ degree or higher in related field, such as Computer Engineering or Computer Science, plus at least 6 years of software development experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to learn and master standard programming languages.
• Ability to write functional / detailed design specifications based on user or system requirements.
• Ability to work in an agile environment.
Superstar Candidates will ALSO have…
• REST (or SOAP) interface experience
• Expertise with XML and/or JSON technologies
• Experience with AWS or other Cloud technologies
More to love about becoming a PQ employee!
• We offer professional development opportunities with a significant focus on learning
• We hold fun on-site events
• Our employee population is smart and highly collaborative
• We have a relaxed dress code… yes, that means blue jeans (and not just on Fridays!)
• All of our employees have access to ProQuest research products including e-books, genealogy and academic journals
ProQuest – Who we are…
The ProQuest Mission: Better research. Better learning, Better insights. ProQuest enables people to change their world.
ProQuest supports the efforts of students and researchers across the globe. Providing important research tools and curating treasure troves of content has helped ProQuest to become an industry leader in the Information Services market.
At ProQuest, we work hard and have fun doing it. If you take pride in your work, please consider joining our talented team!!