ProQuest Software Engineer Associate in Ann Arbor, Michigan
Software Engineer Associate
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Requisition Number: 3081
# of Openings: 1
Featured Careers Category:
ProQuest – Who we are…
The ProQuest Mission: Better research. Better learning, Better insights. ProQuest enables people to change their world. ProQuest supports the efforts of students and researchers across the globe. Providing important research tools and curating treasure troves of content has helped ProQuest to become an industry leader in the Information Services market.
Software Engineer Associate
What will I be doing?
As an Software Engineer Associate you will be responsible for assisting with the implementation and testing phases of the software development life cycle and the execution of specific tasks to provide support for work generated.
In this position, you will also...
• Implement software for specifications of low complexity for limited scale systems.
• Manually test and unit test all assigned applications.
• Participate as a team member on various engineering projects.
• Work closely with higher-level engineers to increase functional knowledge.
• Develop understanding of products, manufacturing processes, and product applications.
• Write application technical documentation.
• Suggest alternative methodologies or techniques to achieving desired results.
• Review new procedures as needed for the continuing development of high quality systems.
• Maintain awareness of technical advances.
• Follow departmental policies, procedures, and work instructions.
Three reasons you should apply...
You have a desire to work in a highly collaborative organization.
You thrive in high pressure situations.
You make sound decisions that drive results.
This job may not be a fit if...
You prefer to fly solo over being a part of a team.
You struggle with changing priorities with little notice.
You allow the pressure of tight deadlines to conquer you.
Qualified Candidates must have…
• Bachelors’ degree or higher in related field, such as Computer Engineering or Computer Science, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to learn and master standard programming languages.
• Ability to work with standard office tools.
• Ability to work with source control systems.
• Ability to work with design tools (e.g. Visio).
• Ability to work in an agile environment.
Superstar Candidates will ALSO have…
• Previous software development experience.
• Experience using Jersey, MyBatis, Angular, AWS, REST, Junit, Perl or Git.
Other important information about this position:
• This position is located in the Ann Arbor, MI ProQuest office location.
• Occasional travel may be required.
• This position requires weekday (Monday - Friday) attendance with scheduling flexibility available around standard business hours to accommodate clients in alternate geographies and time zones.
• Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
More to love about becoming a PQ employee!
• Forbes Ranks ProQuest among 2018 America’s Best Mid-Size Employers
• We offer professional development opportunities with a significant focus on learning
• We hold fun on-site events
• Our employee population is smart and highly collaborative
• We have a relaxed dress code… yes, that means blue jeans (and not just on Fridays!)
• All of our employees have access to ProQuest research products including e-books, genealogy and academic journals
At ProQuest, we work hard and have fun doing it. If you are in search of a Global Organization that allows you to utilize your strengths to the fullest, please consider joining our talented team!!