Mathematica Medicaid Researcher in Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Position Description*:
Mathematica applies expertise at the intersection of data, methods, policy, and practice to improve well-being around the world. We collaborate closely with public- and private-sector partners to translate big questions into deep insights that improve programs, refine strategies, and enhance understanding using data science and analytics. Our work yields actionable information to guide decisions in wide-ranging policy areas, from health, education, early childhood, and family support to nutrition, employment, disability, and international development. Mathematica offers our employees competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as the advantages of being 100 percent employee owned. As an employee stock owner, you will experience financial benefits of ESOP holdings that have increased in tandem with the company’s growth and financial strength. You will also be part of an independent, employee-owned firm that is able to define and further our mission, enhance our quality and accountability, and steadily grow our financial strength. Learn more about our benefits here.
Mathematica is searching for professionals with experience generating insights from data on Medicaid policy and programs at either the state or federal level. In particular, we are looking for individuals who can apply data analytics to support current and emerging work across any number of areas related to monitoring and improving Medicaid programs such as: Value-based purchasing and alternative payment models, enrollment trends, measures of delivery and quality of services for beneficiaries, and to discern outcomes of innovative programs and policies.
The successful candidate will join our group of over 400 health policy professionals, including staff with degrees in data analytics, public health, public policy, economics, behavioral or social sciences, economics, and other relevant disciplines. We offer our employees a stimulating team-oriented work environment, competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as the advantages of employee ownership.
Duties of the position:
- Participate actively and thoughtfully in multidisciplinary teams, drawing on your past experience with Medicaid programs
- Help conduct research and technical assistance projects on topics related to state and federal Medicaid policy
- Apply rigorous analytic thinking to the collection and interpretation of quantitative data including analysis of Medicaid administrative data
- Bring creative ideas to the development of proposals for new projects
- Author project reports, memos, technical assistance tools, issue briefs, and webinar presentations
Contribute to the growth, expertise, and institutional knowledge of staff working in the Medicaid area
- Position Requirements*:
- 3-8 years of experience working in health policy or health research, with a substantial portion of that time related to some aspect of the Medicaid program at the state or federal level
- Masters or doctoral degree or equivalent experience in data analytics, public health, public policy, economics, behavioral or social sciences, economics, or other relevant disciplines
- Demonstrated ability at modeling program outcomes would be ideal
- Strong foundation in quantitative methods and a broad understanding of health policy issues
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including an ability to explain observations and findings to diverse stakeholder audiences including program administrators and policymakers
- Demonstrated ability to provide task leadership and coordinate the work of multidisciplinary teams
Strong organizational skills and high level of attention to detail; flexibility to lead and manage multiple priorities, sometimes simultaneously, under deadlines
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, writing sample, and salary expectations at the time of your application.
This position offers an anticipated annual base salary of $90,000 - $140,000. This position may be eligible for a discretionary bonus based on company and individual performance.
Available Locations: Washington, DC; Princeton, NJ; Cambridge, MA; Woodlawn, MD; Ann Arbor, MI; Chicago, IL; Oakland, CA; Seattle, WA
Various federal agencies with whom we contract require that staff successfully undergo a background investigation or security clearance as a condition of working on a project. If you are assigned to such a project, you will be required to obtain the requisite security clearance.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- Mathematica Jobs