Cisco Manager, Security Engineering in Ann Arbor, Michigan
The Cisco Security Business Group (SBG) focuses on empowering the world to reach its full potential, securely through the  Cisco Secure products. Within the SBG Security team, we support this mission by building thoughtful partnerships with our internal stakeholders to drive security strategy alignment across the SBG portfolio to deliver simple, effective security solutions for our internal customers that meet both market and industry expectations.
Our team’s mission is to become our internal customers’ most trusted partners by building best-in-class security programs that shape the market with our research, make it easy for our customer teams within Cisco to develop secure software, protect our most valuable information and customer assets, and enable SBG employees to work securely as they deliver Cisco Secure products including Duo, Umbrella, SecureX, Talos, Amp for Endpoints, StealthWatch, Tetration, and beyond.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique and our team is our secret weapon. We run the spectrum from artists to analysts, low-key to high energy, and bring together a diversity of skill sets, experiences, and perspectives to solve the complex problems that come with securing a growing business. Together we build solutions that are easy, effective, trustworthy, and enduring.
We are looking for a Security Engineering Manager to lead our Security Tools Engineering team that is responsible for the development and operation of internal tools to keep SBG and it’s customers secure
What you will do:
As a Manager of Security Engineering, you will lead the team responsible for the development and operation of internal tools to keep SBG and it’s customers secure. In this role, you will be responsible for empowering the Security Engineering team and contributing to and supporting the Security Engineering vision.
Skills you have:
- Well-established track record of successfully leading a team in information security or software engineering with proven coaching and mentoring skills.
- Significant experience leading in software development and Agile processes
- Experience collaborating successfully with security, operations, and IT teams
- Deep knowledge of, and hands-on experience building security in public clouds
- Solid understanding of detection engineering and endpoint hardening
- A passion for enabling software engineering teams to operate at their full potential
- A vision for what a successful security software engineering program looks like and the maturation steps necessary to achieve this state
3 reasons to apply:
- You’re a skilled leader looking for new growth opportunities
- You are passionate about helping others learn, succeed, and grow and you would like to do just that for a team of engineers
- You love the varied action of information security and want to evolve it for a fast growing security company
Our team is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness. We are able to grow and learn better together with a diverse team of employees. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents not only part of our culture, but our reputation and Cisco’s achievement as well. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that all potential candidates can bring in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, gender identity and expression, nationality, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
And if this role is exciting to you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all 100% of the description or qualifications. Finally and most importantly, we are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer.
Visible links 1. https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/security/index.html%22%20/
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Cisco Jobs