Mathematica Enterprise Transformation, Business Development and Strategy Manager in Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Position Description*: Mathematica applies expertise at the intersection of data, methods, policy, and practice to improve well-being around the world. We collaborate closely with public- and private-sector partners to translate big questions into deep insights that improve programs, refine strategies, and enhance understanding using data science and analytics. Our work yields actionable information to guide decisions in wide-ranging policy areas, from health, education, early childhood, and family support to nutrition, employment, disability, and international development. Mathematica offers our employees competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as the advantages of being 100 percent employee owned. As an employee stock owner, you will experience financial benefits of ESOP holdings that have increased in tandem with the company’s growth and financial strength. You will also be part of an independent, employee-owned firm that is able to define and further our mission, enhance our quality and accountability, and steadily grow our financial strength.
Read more about our benefits here:https://www.mathematica.org/career-opportunities/benefits-at-a-glance.
We are seeking a dynamic, self-starting individual who enjoys employing strategic thinking to solve internal and client focused challenges to join the Digital Services business development and strategy team in our health analytic systems and technology group. The Digital Services business development and strategy team focuses on expanding Mathematica’s offerings in data analytics, data science and data engineering, data governance and management, enterprise transformation, data architecture, cloud architecture, and data warehousing with clients in the commercial healthcare sector. Our team is dynamic and engages in both proactive and RFP business development opportunities. The successful team member will be comfortable identifying new markets, clients, and partnership candidates.
The successful candidate will have:
- an ability to establish a professional relationship as a trusted advisor to senior staff and clients,
- an ability to establish internal and external strategic partnerships,
- an ability to translate and communicate technical and analytic concepts to a business-based audience (and vice versa),
- comfort moving between different methodologies including the systems development lifecycle (SDLC), Agile/Scaled Agile development, and project management (PMP certification preferred)
- familiarity with or certification in data management as governed by DAMA International
the ability to transition through the post-sales lifecycle (contract signing, project launch, advisory services) to provide a full 360-degree view of our client’s needs through project delivery and execution
As a member of the Strategic Business Development and Project Delivery team you will have the opportunity to:*
Contribute to the strategic framework for Mathematica’s business development activities in commercial health markets, focusing on providing Enterprise Business Transformation and Enterprise Data Management/Governance services
- Provide thought leadership with respect to establishing and executing repeatable processes for business development and project delivery activities, including client engagement frameworks
Provide thought leadership with respect to leading teams and organizations through change and modernization activities
- Business Development:*
Lead or participate in brainstorming and writing activities for technical proposal language used in response to RFPs and other solicitation
- Conduct active outreach to potential partners and manage teaming and subcontractor agreements
- Coordinate with AST departments as they craft staffing plans in response to proposals or other client engagements to ensure proper skill matches to tasking
- Develop budget specifications and review budget materials for proposals and other client engagements
Contribute to knowledge management activities to ensure materials are documented and available for BD or project related activities
- Project Delivery:*
Provide oversight and serve as a senior advisor to projects related to enterprise transformation, enterprise data management, and data governance
- Develop and deepen relationships with existing and new clients in a client engagement capacity
- Lead teams to document project requirements and oversee the development of prototypes and other interactive demonstrations
- Deliver client presentations and ensure client satisfaction with technical deliverables
Coordinate the communication of highly specialized policy and technology outputs to client leads
- Position Requirements*:
Graduate degree (M.Eng./M.B.A./M.A./M.S./M.P.P./M.P.H.) and at least 7 years of experience working in systems engineering leadership, enterprise transformation, and client engagement with a focus on providing cross-functional technology and advisory services in a health context
- Demonstrated experience working on health care related projects, preferably those related to enterprise transformation, data governance and management, business process re-engineering, data analytics, or data engineering
- Working knowledge of technology processes such as extract/transform/load (ETL), collaboration tools (Jira, Confluence, MIRO), and business intelligence tools (Tableau).
Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite products
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references at time of application. Applications completed before February 2021 will receive priority in consideration.
Various federal agencies with whom we contract require that staff successfully undergo a background investigation or security clearance as a condition of working on the project. If you work on such a project, you will be required to obtain the requisite security clearance.
This position offers an anticipated annual base salary range of $90,000 - $140,000. This position may be eligible for a discretionary bonus based on company and individual performance.
- Available Locations: Washington, DC; Woodlawn, MD; Ann Arbor, MI; Princeton, NJ; Cambridge, MA; Chicago, IL*
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- Mathematica Jobs