Willis Towers Watson Azure DevOps Engineer in Ann Arbor, Michigan
Our Benefits Outsourcing business provides benefits administration and outsourcing solutions to many of the world’s most recognized brands. Our mission is to provide the highest quality pension and health and welfare benefits administration technology and services in the industry, making benefits simple to understand and easy to use.
Our purpose: “Helping millions of people, one at a time, to optimize today’s health and wealth opportunities for a better tomorrow.”
Our team is a small and nimble group of passionate technologists and diverse thinkers that support the people and technology behind our products and services. We have a focus on continuous improvement that extends to the technology and methodologies we develop and to the culture we promote.
Employment-based non-immigration visa sponsorship and/or assistance is not offered for this specific job opportunity.
The Azure DevOps Engineer will be part of the team that is leading our cloud strategy, migrations & deployments, and owns technology operations for our business. Our team is responsible for both on-prem and cloud solutions.
Our technology solutions incorporate business requirements while aligning to global standards where required (e.g. data security). In addition to your technical contributions, you will have ample opportunities to shape technology-related policies and processes that will improve upon our current practices as we continue to grow.
With us you will:
• Lead the development of new ARM templates and management of and improvements to existing templates
• Contribute to continuous improvements around the automation and the tools that provision, configure, deploy, and monitor application components and services
• Be an integral part of ensuring the operational stability and performance of applications and services, including participation in on-call rotation
• Work directly with partners like Microsoft and corporate IT to investigate and resolve technical issues
• Continuously learn and understand our product line(s) and features and the tools needed to support these
• Participate in ongoing R&D of relevant cloud-based components and tools to support improvements, secure practices, and growth
• Have ample opportunities for technical and professional development and growth
• Be part of a highly respected and cohesive team that deliver tangible results
• 3 – 5+ years of demonstrable hands-on Microsoft Azure experience, specifically:
o Working in Git and Azure Pipelines
o Strong Log Analytics skills
o Developing and improving ARM templates
o Working with both IaaS and PaaS
• Good working knowledge of Azure networking, networking services and resources, and security best practices
• Ability to both work independently as well as within a team environment to generate practical results and recommendations
• Flexible, coachable, self-driven, and passionate about learning
• Bachelor's degree preferred; HS diploma required
Additional Desirable Skills
• Microsoft SQL and C# skills
• Experience working with .NET web-based applications
• Prior experience in an operational support role
What we can offer you
• Professional and technical growth opportunities
• Competitive salary and benefits package
• Diverse and inclusive work environment that encourages new ideas and personal growth
• Short feedback loop: Immediately visible impact from your contributions
• A strong team empowered to make decisions and changes
EEO, including disability/vets at https://cdn-static.findly.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/1240/2020/08/EEO-Policies-for-WTW-Careers-site-2020-1.pdf
Willis Towers Watson
- Willis Towers Watson Jobs